Brady Andrew's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am just still in shock- I was fully expecting to stay pregnant all the way up to my induction date of December 19, but the little man had other plans...

So Sunday morning (12/4) at church I noticed I was having some contractions that were painless but were coming every few minutes. I tried not to get my hopes up, and sure enough after about an hour they stopped. I was still surprised to be having contractions at all though and it was the first time I thought I just might have baby before the induction date.

I spent Monday nesting like crazy but at the time I didn't realize that's what was going on. I boiled my bottles and pump parts, set up my downstairs diapering station, wrapped Christmas presents, and worked on my pre-baby to do list. That night I showed my DH the list and pointed out that it was all done! Nothing happened on Monday at all contraction wise but I was really uncomfortable and said a little prayer before going to bed that baby would come soon.

About 2 hours later at 2am I woke up and thought I might as well get up and pee. I was walking to the bathroom when all of a sudden there was a gush of fluid- I ran to the bathroom which woke my DH up and he said, "Are you OK?" (this is funny to me because practically nothing wakes him up at night). I said "I don't know! I think my water broke!". I laid back down in bed on a towel to see if any more fluid would come out and at first nothing more did. However I just really thought it had to be my water. I stood up and for a while was just trying to decide if we should go in or not and at one point some more fluid came out and was running down my leg (TMI!) and I decided we should at least get checked. My last labor was not all that long and since I was GBS positive I wanted to make sure that I got my antibiotics in time. About 2:30 we decided to call DH's mom and have her come get Luke.

We took showers and took our time getting to the hospital. I started noticing contractions but at first they weren't painful, just noticeable. As we got closer to the hospital they started hurting just a little bit, mostly in my back. I still was worried that they would send us home, because the water wasn't gushing out like it did with Luke. I checked in at 3:30 and they took me right back to an L&D room. As I was putting on my gown the water really started coming out and I knew we were staying!

They checked me and I was 4 cm and 80% effaced and I was having moderately painful contractions- definitely tolerable though. They started my IV and antibiotics and all that good stuff. At 4:30 I started being uncomfortable enough to start considering my epidural so I gave it about 30 more minutes (I didn't want to feel like a whimp!) and then asked for it. I was afraid that if I waited too long I would miss my opportunity- even though I was tolerating the contractions fine, I didn't want to go the whole delivery without it. Around 5:15 I got my epidural and all was well.

At 6 am I was checked again by the Doctor and he said I was 6 cm and fully effaced. He though Id be having a baby by 9am. A little later I was checked and found to be 8cm. They said that I needed to hold out a little longer for my second dose of antibiotics...I was starting to get worried that I wouldn't make it to my second dose!

At 8 am my nurse checked again and I was fully dilated (only 6 hours since my water broke!) but she couldn't start my antibiotics for another 15 minutes..she told me since I wasn't having the urge to push yet she was going to tell my doctor I was a 9 so I wouldn't have to start pushing and hopefully I could get my antibiotics in. I was able to get my med and then they set me up to start pushing! I started at 9am and it wasn't long until they were ready for the doctor to dress out and catch the baby!

Out came baby at 9:27 am and they announced "It's a boy!" I was so excited. He cried right away and then they put him on me and I was in love from that very first second. His apgars were 8 and 9 and he looked just perfect.

I am so happy we stuck with team green this time. I had thought it was a boy the whole time but it was just so exciting to hear that announcement at the delivery and finally find out who this little baby was inside me. He is doing so well and I am recovering beautifully. We left the hospital the next day and are so happy to be home!

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

December 10th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I love my family!!!
Great story!! I'm glad all went pretty smoothly for you!! Good job mama!!
December 10th, 2011, 01:39 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your little man.

December 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a smooth delivery! Glad to hear that everything went well!

December 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like things went pretty smooth! Great birth story - congrats!

December 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i was team green twice, and guessed wrong with all three of my children. enjoy the love!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search