Charles Samuel's Birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 09:12 AM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
I woke up at some point with a really strong contraction- which I let pass and then went back to sleep. I've been having them like that since October, so I thought 'no big deal'. Later, when I had another one, I started timing them. Every 6-8 minutes for about 35 minutes. so I thought I'd wake DH up. DD was asleep in bed with me, and DH had fallen asleep in the living room. He kind of glared at me and went to sleep when I told him.

15 minutes later, I tried waking him up again. They were still 6-8 minutes apart, but we decided I better go in, even though the doc said wait until they were 5-7 minutes apart. We drop off dd with my Aunt (who actually had to suggest it when I called her! I didn't even think of leaving DD with anyone), then took the almost 2 hour drive to the hospital.

On the way there, contractions got a LOT worse, and according to DH were about 2 minutes apart. I wanted to pull over at some point, but DH kept driving for the hospital.

We got there and I had to check in at the ER, then get wheeled up to L and D, where construction was going on. So that delayed getting to triage. Once there the nurse wanted me to undress and pee in a cup and I told her flat out that I couldn't, and that I was in a lot of pain. Well, eventually I got checked (a few seconds later... it felt like longer to me) and they were like 'she's at 10! We need to get her to a delivery room!'

So I get moved again, and they want me to lay down, but I wasn't being very cooperative lol. I did lay down, and they broke my water but told me not to push yet. I didn't listen and pushed anyway and the head came out. I asked if I was done and they said no, so I pushed again and my baby was out and then I told DH 'We're not having any more'

Apparently only 7 minutes passed from when I arrived in triage until I delivered.
December 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Hoping for baby #2
Holy Crap lol talk about a quick delivery. Congratz on the lttle man!

December 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Veteran
congratulations

In the mood for some romance? Hot, sexy romance, check out my debut novel Claimed By Desire available from amazon, barnes and nobel and the itunes ibookstore.
December 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow what a fast labor! good thing you got there when you did!! congrats!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

December 11th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I love my family!!!
Wow that was super fast!!! Good job mama!!
December 11th, 2011, 02:24 PM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
OMG yeah, it was fast! A labor that fast wasn't really fun, but I'm glad it didn't last any longer. I had a really bad tear and had to be stitched up, and there were a few other complications afterwards- like the baby had too much amniotic fluid in his lungs.

But, we still got to leave the hospital 48 hours after birth and that was really nice. I loved leaving the hospital with my baby.
December 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a speedy delivery. Congrats.

December 11th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Talk about fast! Thank you so much for sharing your story and congrats on getting to go home with your baby!

December 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my, that was one fast delivery. Congrats
December 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that was quick! With a 2 hr drive I would have left when you did too!

December 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's amazing! Sounds like you made it just in time! Congratulations!
December 14th, 2011, 07:50 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
wow, sounds like my first delivery! it was just minutes from the time i was physically picked up and set on my delivery bed, til my son was born.
congrats, mama!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search