My birth story (induction success!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Veteran
Korben is finally here! On the morning of December 8th we got up and got dressed. I got DH and DD fed and we headed to the hospital around 5:40am to get there at 6. Upon our arrival we were shown to our room and had a nurse come in and check my vitals and prepare the room.. It took awhile to get an actual nurse assigned to us to start the whole process.. so we basically sat in there with nothing going on until 8.. she put in my IV and started running me fluids.. and around 8:30 or 9 started my pitocin and antibiotics.

My doctor came in around 9:20 or so and checked me. He said I was 2cm and 75%. So he broke my water. Then things got really going.. I was going ok until about an hour after that and I requested some meds.. My doctor had come in again to check on me and by that time I was about 3cm and 100%.. I got some stadol and promptly passed out.. An hour after than, around 11:30 or closer to 12 the stadol was wearing off and my contractions were getting even worse, so I asked for an epidural simply because the contractions were 2-3 minutes apart, but lasted 1-2 minutes, so they are almost no resting time between them. DD and DH had just come back from lunch while I slept and my sister decided to take off with DD at this time to eat while I relaxed after my epi. So.. that was about noon.

Shortly after I got my epidural my nurse checked me so see if I had made any progress, since I couldn't feel it it wouldn't hurt.. I was 5cm. Brian texted my sister to let her know and she was like "okay, making my way back"...

Well around 1:30 my sister wasn't back yet, my nurse checked me again because I kept telling her I had to poo and she announced I was 9 cm. I woke DH up (who was asleep) and informed him to notify my sister (who was still missing) and his dad... My sister breezed in stating she had been driving around "wasting time" because she thought it'd be awhile.. By the time she got back at 2:00 my doctor was called.. I was almost 10, I just had a "lip" left..

At 2:15 my doctor arrived and announced I was ready to push the baby down.. He had me do a trial push and then told the nurse to call his cell when the baby was crowning. He said it would take me a while and he had another lady working on birthing premature twins that he was also tending to.. but by 2:30 Korben was ready to come out and I was ready for him to be out... My doctor arrived quickly commenting "that was really quick!" and shortly there after, at 2:41 I pushed Korben out in to the world.

My nurse said I did the best job getting him out timely, his head was perfect due to not spending a lot of time in the birth canal and I has limited damage =) Just a small episiotomy because I started to tear along the line where I was cut last time.

So.. there is a Korben Lamar in the world. DH announced very quickly that he had his ears, and you could see the light emitting from his face from space. Each day Korben looks a little more like his daddy.. He's very light, lighter than DD was at birth.. He does not look like he's biracial at all, but since I'm mixed I guess he got more Caucasian genes than DD did. He's got dark hazel green eyes that I hope stay some shade of green.. and he's just got the cutest button nose that could go either way towards being mine or dh's..

Regardless, he is perfectly made at 7lbs 13. oz and 20.5 inches long.

December 11th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hoping for baby #2
Congrats momma, and yay for an easy labor

December 11th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I love my family!!!
Good job mama!!
December 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything went well. Congrats.

December 11th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on an easy labor! Thanks for sharing!

December 12th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad it was an easy labor
December 13th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great job! Wow not much pushing needed - nice!
Sounds like everything went well

January 11th, 2012, 12:01 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations on your new little one!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search