Breana Makenzi!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to be at the hospital at 8am, I was up by 6:45. I was doing ok at this point seeing as I couldnt eat or drink past midnight the night before. we left the house around 7:50am maybe a little later. Our hospital is literally right around the corner. I get there and the waiting begins. We have 3 out of the 4 kids with us and we are waiting on my inlaws to get there. I finally get in a room, Im not quite sure what time is but I dont think its too long after we got there. Once we get there they hook up the toco monitors and Im talking to my nurse Diane about the IV and how I would not like it in my hand. She puts it in my left arm. She is real nice. I tried to con her into letting me have something to drink but that fails lol I'm ready to go but there is someone ahead of me for a schedule section so I have to wait my turn. On top of that there is an emergency section before her so they tell me its going to be probably 11ish-12ish before I can go. The inlaws get there and take the kids home. Its probably 10am by now and Im sooo thirsty and hungry but they wont let me drink anything or eat anything. My best friend Tina and her Husband show up. Patrick is getting inpatient because he didnt eat like I said he should. I know I fed Aiden bc I wasnt sure what time it would be. Patrick tried to be sweet and say he didnt want to eat bc I couldnt but in reality he stayed in bed until 7:30 lol. Tina and Chris (her husband) are starting to complain that they are hungry too. They live an hour away and didnt eat either. So I tell them go EAT!! Its 11:30 now and still nothing going on so I send them down to the cafeteria. While down there my Doctor stops by and asks how I am feeling and just to check up on me. He questions me again about wanting a tubal Ligation and I say YES! They have asked at all my appointments and even the nurse when she was going over paper work made me say what I was there for and then I had to sign a piece of paper. He tells me that a lady isnt doing so well as hoped and there might be an emergency section... another delay... He leaves and Patrick, Tina, and Chris come back and tell me they are wheeling a lady to the OR. The nurse comes in and tells me yup an emergency section is going in now and its going to be another hour and a half. Tina and Chris leave to go get food. They didnt like the selection at the hospital. I told Tina not to come back smelling like Taco Bell lol. Patrick said he wanted to go back to the Cafeteria to eat because he didnt want to eat in front of me and I told him no. I didnt want him to leave me there by myself and just bring the darn food back to my room, I didnt care. At this point I have gone to the bathroom like 4x and Patrick and I are laughing and trying to figure out how in the world Im peeing so much when I havent had anything to drink all day... The nurse comes in at this point and changes my IV bag of fluids and asks if Ive been using the bathroom. Me and Patrick crack up bc it didnt occur to us that, that was the reason for me going so much. Tina and Chris come back and of course they went to Taco Bell lol, I ask Patrick to go get the diaper bag bc I have phase 10 (a card game) in there. He comes back and Tina and I start playing. We are on to the third round when they come and get me and tell me its time to go.

WHEN IT REALLY ALL STARTS!!!

Of course Im freaking out now. Patrick kisses me and tells me he'll see me soon and I yell back at Tina "what time is it?" she yells back 2:06! I get in the OR and recall how small the room is compared to the one where Aiden was born. I joke with Anesthesia about how I would love not to have 18 holes in my back and they joke back saying ok we'll keep it under 17. Im shaking like crazy! Its a combination of it being soooo cold in there and my nerves! My nurse Diane comes in with two warm blankets but it doesnt help. Im trying to breathe in and out and settle my nerves so I dont have a gazillion holes in my back. Within what seems like forever they are finally done and my legs and butt are getting warm. The spinal block is starting to work. I lay back and Micheal one of the Anesthesia guys puts oxygen under my nose. He's in training, he was also the one who did my spinal. This is about the time I start going down hill. I was expecting it but not this soon. I start getting major heartburn I mean my throat is on fire and then I start getting soooo nauseous. I tell them and they are running around trying to find me something to insert into my IV to stop the heartburn. Its too late, I yell at Micheal Im going to throw up. I dont know about any of you but trying to throw up while laying on your back is hard and it sucks, plus there is nothing in my stomach to throw up! but I managed to find something lol. Thats when Patrick walks in. I made it a point to tell him I want pictures of the operation and he said he would try. So he says hello to me and I cant say anything back Im just focusing on trying to hold back more vomit. He keeps rubbing my hands and hair and face and then puts the camera over the drape to take pics for me. This is pretty much how it went for the next 15 mins me throwing up, Patrick caressing me and snapping pictures of the process of Breana's birth. Breana is born at 2:38pm. She comes out screaming!!! Micheal says wow he's big and then I yell out WHAT!? ITS A BOY!!!?? My doctor and Patrick and the rest of the staff say no its a girl and Micheal apologizes and we laugh. They call dad over there and Im crying I just keep telling them I want to see her, what does she look like? does she have hair? They are cleaning her up, Im still throwing up and Patrick cut the cord. I told the doc that when he came in before the operation, please cut it long so Patrick can cut it again. ( I dont know it at the time of course but Patrick is still snapping away with pictures of my operation. The baby too!! But he's got pics of them tying my tubes and everything.) I finally see her and I start crying more. My god the hair! and she doesnt look anything like me, she's a spitting image of her dad! I hold her and the nurse takes the camera and takes pictures of us three. Patrick and Breana leave. They are putting me back together and wheel me back to my room.

THINGS ARE STILL FUZZY HERE...

I am so drowsy I can barely keep my eyes open and I still havent stopped throwing up yet. They wont let me eat till I can stop throwing up. Everyone starts to arrive now. Tina and Chris are still there and Tina tells me my phone went off and she responded for me. I pick my phone up and It was Miranda who txted and I was soooo happy Tina txted her back bc it all happened so fast that I didnt have time to txt her I was going in. I txted her that she was here and sent her pics. My god I couldnt have asked for a better ddb or best internet friend in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is so awesome!!!!!!!! They brought Brea in and everyone had to wash their hands (Thanks Patrick bc that was the one big thing I was very adamant about and he wouldnt let anyone touch her unless the hands were washed!) I havent held her yet except in the OR because I was so out of it and I couldnt stop throwing up. Patrick was awesome through all this bc he made sure there were no bottles or pacifiers given to her. I was finally "awake" enough so Patrick handed her to me and I put her to my breast. She latched perfectly. My god is she beautiful. Thats all I kept thinking. Eventually everyone but Tina and Chris left. Patrick to my son to his fathers and the rest of the family went to eat. I let Tina hold her the whole time. She was pregnant before me but suffered a miscarriage. She was so happy just sitting there loving on her. Patrick came back and they left. I had four more visitors that night and two of them were my parents. They surprised me. Last thing I knew they were in Italy till Feb. 17th. They called Patrick and asked him not to say anything and he actually kept his mouth shut. lol. We got moved upstairs and I started feeling a lot better. Patrick was awesome he changed her held her handed her to me when she was hungry, told me to sleep and that he has her. He is an awesome dad. She's awesome, only cries when she needs something. She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

December 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I love my family!!!
She's beautiful!! Good job mama!!
December 11th, 2011, 03:44 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie pie! Congrats.

December 11th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I should put she was born on December 6, 2011 weighing 7lbs 4.6oz and 18 3/4 in

Last edited by stucklikeglue; December 11th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
December 11th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hoping for baby #2
She is so beautiful. Congratz momma!

December 12th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
One beautiful baby, cograts!
December 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Aww she's already a week old!!! You did so good and shes so cute!!! thanks for being my bestest ddb!!!!

December 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad you and Breana are healthy and happy! I'm sorry you were so sick through the whole surgery though... that stinks. I hope your recovery is going well!
December 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Long day, but ended well. She's so beautiful!!

December 13th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is a beautiful newborn. Congratulations!
January 11th, 2012, 12:17 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
she'a gorgeous. congratulations.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search