Lydia's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was scheduled to be induced Dec 1st due to gestational diabetes. DH and I woke up around 4:30am on the first and started to get ready. I called L&D at 5 to confirm that they had a bed ready, they did! We arrived at the hospital at 6am, which is when I was scheduled for. They brought DH and I up to our birthing suite and started getting me ready. About 10 min later the lab calls in and says to the nurse to draw blood because my fibrinogen has been low throughout pregnancy and if it is 100 or less, than I could not recieve an epidural. That scared me, LOL! Shift changed at 7am and they had already started my pitocin (around 6:45am). When I was first admitted, they checked me and I was only fingertip dilated and very high.
The pitocin was doing its job, I was having contractions every 2-3minutes. Every hour, they would come in and increse my pitocin. Around 11:30, my contractions were about 1-3 minutes apart and strong. They gave me steadall for pain in my IV and checked me again. Only 1 cm dilated! The nurse felt as if she could feel the water bag and said when the doc came back, he could attempt to break my water to spped up the process. The steadall may me drowsy and I dozed off for an hour or so.
My mother and sister showed up around 3pm and brought DH food (which he ate downstairs, lol). The nurse allowed me to have juice and water so I was happy. Around 5pm I was feeling nasueus so they gave me zofran. The doc came in and checked me again and still only 1cm dilated! She had actually moved up higher so they were not even able to attempt to break my water!!! They than bumped me up to the maximum dosage of pitocin they can administer at one time.
The contractions were strong and occuring every 1-2minutes. My in-laws were also there. My doc was also on call that night. He cam back in at 7, checked me again and still high and only 1 cm dilated. They started another bag of pitocin. He explained he would let me go as long as I wanted but I needed to start thinking of a possible section. He had a couple of deliveries and sections to do so said he would be back later. I sent DH to eat again since we had long night and told family they could head home and we would call if any change. My mom stated of course. At 10:45pm he cmae back, checked me again and still only 1cm, and she was still high! I had already labored for 16hrs, no progress had been made. I had been recieving the maximum dosage of pitocin for 6 hrs so not like they could increase it in an attempt t help. My uterus was responding nicely to the pitocin with strong frequent contractions, the cervix just wasnt doing what it should. We than decided a section would be best. I felt like I could go longer but nurses and docs didnt think it would do any good.
The next few minutes were a whirlwind! My mom and DH got prepped, they prepped me and pushed another bafg of fluids. Luckily my fibrinogen came back at 120 so I just made cutoff for an epi and wouldnt need general anesthisia. They brought us to OR. Mom and DH waitied in hall while I got my epi. The staff was great. I started to kinda freak just a tad, nothing I couldnt control after epi kicked in and they brought DH to me and my mom. The anesthiologist was great and trying keep me comfortable and calm. I was shivering like crazy and thought my teeth would break from all the chattering. DH amazed me with how calm he was. MY blood pressure started to bottom out but thwy were able to stabilize it. I was very nasueus but ended up not getting sick. At 11:28pm, my angel was born! Dh cried and told me she was beautiful and hearing her cry was best sound. Mom and Dh took pics for me and the staff showed her to me. They than cleaned her up and gave her to DH to hold while they stitched me up. She weighed 6lbs 2oz and was 19 in long. Healthy as could be! Once I was stitiched, they than gave her to me and wheeled us to a viewing room for family before we went to recovery. Will post pics as soon as I get them up. Sorry so long!
December 12th, 2011, 03:15 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

December 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I love my family!!!
Congrats and good job mama!!
December 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hoping for baby #2
Wow, 16 hours of labor and no progress Im glad you have your little one in your arms now. Congratz momma

December 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Veteran
congratulations

In the mood for some romance? Hot, sexy romance, check out my debut novel Claimed By Desire available from amazon, barnes and nobel and the itunes ibookstore.
December 13th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a story! I'm glad you and baby are healthy! I've never heard of fibrinogen before... I looked it up and I guess it's associated with clotting, but I've never heard about that mentioned anywhere in pregnancy. Glad your levels were high enough though!
December 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My goodness that's a long time to labour with no progress, you must have been exhausted! Glad that your little girl came safe and sound
She sounds like she was a good little size

December 13th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
December 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats on your new arrival!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search