Jonathan David (long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jonathan David
12/07/2011
8lbs. 10 oz. 21” long

Monday 12/5/11 – 39 week OB appointment. No change from the prior week…still 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. I scheduled an appointment for the following Monday. I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t further progress but I wasn’t surprised as both my pregnancies with my daughters were 40 and 41 weeks respectively and I had to be induced with both of them. I was really hoping this time to go into labor on my own.

Wednesday 12/7

2:30 am – I got up for one of my frequent pilgrimages to the bathroom. I was wishfully thinking that I was one of those women that would just have their water break while they were in the bathroom! So I stood up and as I pulled my pj bottoms back on I felt a small burst of liquid. I didn’t think it was my water breaking but maybe I had not totally emptied my bladder. So I changed my underwear and got back in bed. I was still wishfully thinking that maybe there was a small chance that this was it. Oddly enough I felt so comfortable which was strange because sleeping had become so difficult.

4:30 am – My underwear felt wet again so I got up and went to the bathroom. Again, I was wet and soaked just a little to my pj’s. This time I got excited but I wasn’t having any pain so I decided that if it was the real deal it would continue or I would start having contrax. I let dh sleep and went back to bed myself. This happened 2x more.

6:30 am – I called my OB and they said to go to L&D.

9:15 – After getting my 10 year old off to school and my 2 year old to the sitter’s we finally made it to the hospital. Oh, and we also stopped for breakfast at Bojangles . We were totally nonchalant. It was kind of funny. Still no pain and at this point the fluid leaking had stopped so I was kind of expecting to be sent home. The first test they performed to check for rupture came back negative but the dr. ordered a more accurate test and that one immediately showed positive! I was staying! When the OB checked me I was 3-4 cms dilated but she could still feel a bulgy bag of waters so she took her little “crochet hook” and completed rupturing me….it was massive amounts of fluid! This is how I remember feeling when my water broke with my others. She mentioned something about rupturing a “pocket” or “Forebag” which is why I didn’t have that huge gush. Still no regular contrax. They started antibiotics as I was positive for GBS. About an hour later they also started the Pitocin. My nurses were awesome. I had a great team! Around 3:00 I started having a lot of pain with contractions and asked for the epidural. That went extremely smooth. However, it didn’t work completely on my left side. I could still feel a lot on that side but it was manageable.

6:00 pm – I started having a lot of pain on that left side down low. They gave me a bolus through the epi. It didn’t help.

6:10 the nurse checked me and I was complete! I gave one practice push and they got the doctor. They told me to push when I felt the next contrax. I did and the head crowned. Next push his head was out and the doctor unlooped the umbilical cord from his neck. I waited for the next contrax and pushed and felt him slide out. It was the greatest feeling of relief. This time with the epi I could still feel and it felt really good to push. I couldn’t believe it happened so fast! My delivery with my second was so much more difficult. This was by far my easiest delivery.

Jonathan is nursing like a champ and is just wonderful! I am so thankful!
December 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy you went into labour on your own! I keep secretly hoping my water will break on one of my nightly bathroom trips too lol
Love how nonchalant you guys were!
Congrats on the birth of your little guy!

December 17th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I love my family!!!
Congrats and great job mama!!
December 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How awesome you went into labor on your own! Glad u didn't have to push long. Congrats!
December 18th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you went into labor on your own!! Congrats on your baby boy!

December 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats.

January 1st, 2012, 11:03 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i'm glad you had a good birth experience.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search