The Little Stinker's Arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2011, 08:25 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Rdyer Daniel, will forever be known as the Little Stinker because of all the trips we made to L&D before he actually came.

At 36 weeks we made a trip to L&D because of a blood pressure, thankfully he was fine & my blood pressure came down after a few hours of rest. I was put on bed rest after that.

At 37 weeks we made a trip to L&D because of contractions & blood pressure. Again we were fine.

At 38 weeks we made a trip to L&D after 2 days of contractions that were 2-3 minutes apart & painful. I was only dialated to 2cm, and 60% effaced, so I was sent home.

At my 39 week appointment the midwife checked my cervix & I was 3cm, and 60% effaced. She my membranes and then sent me to L&D because of my blood pressure.

At the hospital, all the triage rooms were full. It took me 1.5 hours to get a bed, my contractions were regular but 6 minutes apart. I thought that I would progress a little quicker since this was baby number 3, but after a bunch of tests and another cervix check nothing had progressed. My blood pressure was still high, so the midwife said that she was going to keep me. We were sent to walk around the hospital for 2 hours, then they told me they were going to break my water & possibly start pitocin. After an hour of walking, I was tired. So I returned to my triage bed, and someone else was there. Lol. They had moved us to a labor room because they were so full. Nice. In our labor room I was able to rest & eat something. Around 830 they started pitocin, and my contractions became so close together I couldn't even forget about the last one before the next one came. At 9 they broke my water, my cervix was still at a 3. They increased the the pitocin, and the contractions were coming every minute, basically at the end of every contraction was the beginning of another one. I asked for an epideral. My epideral arrived at 945, and by 1045 it was only working on my left side. They came in & redid it, and it still wasn't working on the right side. At 1130 I felt like I had to have a BM, which I never had that feeling in child birth before, so I knew it was close. The midewife came in at 1145 & checked me & I was fully dialated. Dan was just sitting down to eat, he threw his food down & came over. With every contraction I felt the urge to push, I've never had that feeling before, pushing felt good. After a few pushes I could feel the baby's head coming out & pushing became a lot harder. I've never screamed during a delivery, until this one. I told Dan, I don't know why I thought I could do this again, it was too hard, but he was a constant support reassuring me that I was almost done, and I could do it. After about 12 pushes, we were happy to learn that we had another beautiful baby boy!

Ryder Daniel was born at 1256 am on December 23, 2011 weighing 7lbs9oz & 20inches.
December 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
Congrats!
December 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad he finally decided to come out! Congrats.

December 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I love my family!!!
Congrats and good job mama!!
December 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Veteran
Congratulation

In the mood for some romance? Hot, sexy romance, check out my debut novel Claimed By Desire available from amazon, barnes and nobel and the itunes ibookstore.
December 31st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he is a little stinker! glad he finally made his appearance after so many false starts!

January 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations on your new son!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM
brwneygirl's Avatar MommyX3
Congrats and thanks for sharing your story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search