Log In Sign Up

Birth story of Melina Clara really long with pics

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,354
On Wednesday Dec 21st 2011 I had a premonition that I would have my baby within 24 hours. This was at about 230 pm and I was at work, I started frantically finishing up stuff at work and telling co-workers and bossís where to find stuff. The next day was the 22nd which was the last day before work was to be shut down and I didnít think I would be able to attend the last fun day, with the potluck and games. I knew I was going to miss a good time. I called SO at work and my mom on my way home from work and told them what I thought. The thing is I had the same feeling with dd1 and I was right on. So for me to feel this way just sort made me into a frenzy with getting stuff done. ( I left work at 330 instead of 430 because I had so many other things to finish that night)
Having my mom and SO on alert made me feel better and I went out and did last min things for xmas. I got home and spent the next few hours wrapping presents and doing stuff around the house. Didnít go to bed till 1230 am.

4 am I woke up to soaked underwear. Thinking (again cuz with dd1 same thing) I thought I had peed my pants. Did a smell test to see and my underwear did not smell at all. Yet it wasnít like the bed was wet. So I wasnít sure if my water had broken or not.
I decided to finish up some last minute things again around the house and went and did 2 loads of laundry and fold the rest of the babyís stuff in her room and put them all away. By this time it was after 5 am and I had had a couple small gushes of fluid but was still second guessing myself on if my water had actually broken. I had made a pot of coffee and took it into SO and tried waking him up. He said ďgive him a minuteĒ I told him I made him coffee and it was on the nightstand and let him go back to sleep for a bit. I wasnít in a big rush to get to the hospital because I knew I would be on a timetable because of dd1ís birth and my water breaking with her which resulted in a c-section.
I knew SOís alarm would go off for work at 645 and decided to just let him wake up to that with me following close behind with some hugs and cuddles.

We again weíre not in a hurry to get to hospital so we showered and took our sweet old time. I woke dd1 up at about quarter to 9 and told her we were going to hospital and if she wanted to come along she would need to get up and get ready pretty quickly so we could leave by 930.

915 or so we left the house and stopped and got mcdís for breakfast. I knew I wouldnít be able to eat at hospital and wanted to make sure I had a full belly so I got my bacon egg and cheese biscuit. It was really yummy. We get to hospital and all non-chantingly walk up to the birthing floor and tell them whatís going on.

Iím checked and the first test came up negative, which I figured it would since I was barely leaking fluid. I was given a pad and told to hit the button at the next gush that I had. About 15 mins later a small gush was felt and I happily rang the nurses. I was checked and then we were told that we werenít leaving the hospital until we had our baby. I was happy and Jason called his mom and she started crying. My mom was already in the know since early am and was desperate to come to the hospital and I kept telling her to hold off. We get moved to a L&D room and wait for Dr. Perry to come meet with us to let us know his plan for us. I was really afraid at this point that I wouldnít be able to go into labor on my own because I was not having contractions at this point.
Dr. Perry arrives in the room and we were given the low down on his thoughts. He was more then willing to wait till evening time to see what would come of my labor. This was the only doctor in the practice that I hadnít met yet and I was quite pleased with his bedside manner and attitude towards my birth. He was positive and willing to let me try and do my vbac. Itís around noon now and I started to feel some small contractions coming on. By 1 pm they had picked up in intensity and I was having to breathe through them. SO was a huge help with this and did everything he should have been doing. By about 2 pm I was having 1 huge contraction then 2 smaller contractions immediately after. I wasnít getting hardly any breaks in between the contractions and was desperately trying to maintain control. I had already asked for some sort of pain control but wasnít dilated enough to get an epidural yet. They gave me nubien and that only took the edge off and lasted for about Ĺ hr instead of the 3 hrs they told me. An hour later about 3 pm I believe I wasnít able to handle the pain anymore and asked or begged for the epidural. I was checked again and was between a 3 and a 4 dilated so they approved the epidural. They said 1 because the Nubian didnít work and 2 I was basically where I needed to be dilated at. The doctor when checking me though did say he wasnít too happy with how my cervix felt and said he would check me again at 5 pm to see if there was a difference. Well again the epidural didnít work. I got relief for about 10 mins and that was it. This was the same exact situation that I ran into with dd1ís birth. I was desperate to get some sort of pain relief at this point. I felt like I was barely holding it together. I wasnít allowed to use the birthing tub because the doctor felt that I was at to of a high risk of infection due to water breaking and possibility that I had strep b. (confusion with dd1ís birth and negative test and doctor wanted to error on side of precaution and made me get antibiotics through iv) At 5 pm the doctor came and checked me and said the cervix was exactly where it was at the last time and the babyís head was feeling slightly swollen. I hadnít dilated anymore at this point either. Doc was willing to wait a couple of hours and see what my body would do since baby wasnít under stress. By about 7 pm I wasnít really holding it together and they tried another pain med but Iím not sure what. That didnít work either. I got no relief. I believe I was checked a total of 3 or 4 times throughout the afternoon evening and each time the prognosis was getting worse.

The doc was called again and they decided to try and redo the epidural to see if that worked. Doc said he would come up and check me again and see what progress I had made. The epidural was redone about 8 pm I believe and it worked. I finally had relief after 8 hrs of laboring without pain meds. I felt like a new woman.
Then Dr. Perry came in and checked me and he wasnít happy. He said my cervix was now swollen and doing some sort of weird flopping back inside of itself instead of dilating. He also said the babyís head was even more swollen, yet she was not under distress yet. This time I believe it was about 915 930 pm and the dr. sat down and talked to us for a good 20 mins about what he felt we should do and what would happen etc.
Me knowing exactly what happened with dd1ís birth knew the route that needed to be taken but I didnít want to take that route unless a doc told me my baby was under distress. With dd1ís birth I had the same exact things happen, my cervix wouldnít dilate, I was told by a completely different doc different practice that my cervix was doing some sort of weird thing and babyís head was swollen and not able to fit through my pelvic area. This doctor told us the same exact thing, it was basically like dťjŗ all over again. Only this time my baby wasnít under distress. The doctor left the room and SO and talked about our options. I basically said that I knew what had to be done but I was scared. I didnít want anything to happen to this baby like it did with first dd1. 2 week nicu stay and she had come out basically not breathing and they rushed her off to get her breathing.
I was crying when SO and I were talking, it was all so overwhelming and really hard for me to handle emotionally.
At 945 ish I was brought back to have the c-section. SO talked to me the entire time to keep my mind off what was going on with my body and at 959 pm I had given birth to my 2nd daughter. This time around my daughter came out healthy, breathing and her apgars were 9 and 9. It couldnít have gone better then this. I was the second person to hold dd2 while SO was #1. I knew if I ended up with a section that I wanted SO to hold her first and I was ok with this. We were discharged from the hospital on Christmas day and I have been enjoying my baby ever since. Her 3 big sisters have been loving all over her and dd1 has proved herself as an awesome big sister too. Milena almost has 2 mothers since dd1 is 15, lol.
The recovery has been hard because of the pain. Pain meds donít tend to work that well on me and just moving around I get shooting pains through my stomach and incision area. SO has been really great with taking care of everything around the house and pretty much doing all the diaper changes. He would be much happier if I just sat on my butt and had my baby brought to me each time she needed to be fed, lol.

Overall I would say the experience was well worth it, and I actually donít regret having to have another c-cestion. Especially because now I believe my body really canít handle having a baby naturally. The doctor said to me they canít explain why some tiny woman are able to give birth to 9 pd babyís and average woman like me canít even give birth to 6 pd babyís.
First baby was 6 pds 2 ounces and 2nd baby was 6 pds 5 ounces. Either way my pelvis for whatever reason doesnít allow birthing. For me itís a hard pill to swallow, especially since Iím thinking about maybe wanting to do this again. I havenít yet told SO this thoughÖÖ lol. I have no idea how he would react to this news. Yet we have no plans at this time for birth control, at least plans that havenít been discussed. Iím thinking about the copper IUD. Or maybe SO and I just not messing around that time of month. Plus I think ebf will help some with the birth control.

So this is my long birth story I hope everyone enjoys it and learns maybe a little something from it.

right before we left hospital, I looked and felt like crap. Over my 3 days in hospital I literally got 6 hours of sleep. between baby, nurses, and people generally not leaving me alone.

dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

Last edited by kazarmo; December 28th, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
December 28th, 2011, 09:43 PM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,812
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
Im sorry you didn't get your vbac but im glad shes healthy and had no problems.
Reply With Quote
December 29th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Hoping for baby #2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,134
Im sorry about not getting your VBAC and the failed medication. I know how that feels >< Congratz on your little one she is beautiful

Reply With Quote
December 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I love my family!!!
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 743
Glad everything worked out in the end!! Good job mama!!
Reply With Quote
January 1st, 2012, 10:21 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congratulations on your beautiful little girl.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote
January 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,271
Congrat ont he baby. Sorry you didn't get your VBAC. I had a section due to the same thing, not progressing. My cervix kept doing that too. Glad it all worked out for you in the end. Cheers to happy and healthy baby!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0