Aiden's Birth Story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Well I will say that this pg was totally different than my first two. I don't know if it's because he was a he vs my two girls or my age or a combination. I was not sick with my girls, just tired and I do not remember heartburn with them but this one kicked my butt with lethargy, heartburn, his kicking my insides etc.... The good thing is I only gained 13 lbs woohoo. Ok on to the birth!

I tried everything I could do in the week or two prior to his birth that was natural (evening primrose, red rasberry leaf tea, spicy foods, lots of dtd, basil, oregano, cumin, walking, squatting etc) to urge things along but I don't think he would have come out unless evicted so it was a good thing I had a scheduled date for that! The last few nights before our csection he was causing me so much pain that I was in tears several times. I also had many hours of false labor in the week or two prior to our scheduled date/time. However it didn't happen and so our DD was Dec 24/25th and the c section date was the 19th at 8:15 am. (The reason for a scheduled section was that my births were both traumatic and though I went natural with first, she was 9 lbs 10 oz and got stuck, shoulder distocia (sp?) and born with 0 apgar revived etc.. to be ok after a few minutes and the second was attempted natural with induction and ended in emergency section under general anesthesia with a lot of complications) I wanted the least complicated birth possible for my baby and I this time where I might actually hold him after he was born unlike my first two!

The day of we got to the hospital at 6 15 am admitted and since we were the only one there at the time got lots of attention. They did the set up and attempted the iv, blew a vein, another nurse attempted the iv, blew a vein, and the third nurse attempted to start an iv and after telling her that i was gonna cry if she didn't get it this time (ouuuuuuchhhh), she too blew a vein!!! Tears and fear followed! They got the anesthesiologist to attempt to start the iv this time, he numbed me (phew) and still couldn't get it till his 2nd try which was 5th all together. I had many bruises for weeks due to this!! By the time this was all done, My heartburn from nothing was flaring and the docs started making their hello's. I did get some nasty meds for the heartburn (it helped), but the whole iv thing and the fact that I started getting severely uncomfortable on the bed they had there and not able to get comfy started putting me in a bad scared to death zone for the rest. I did not remember the first section as I was put under but the prep up was horrible and the shaking started. I just went into a zone of breathing and trying not to cry and shake through all the doc questions and walk into the or.

Off we went and they had me do the bend over for the spinal for which the actual stick wasn't as bad to me as the feeling of digging around in there, more tears (not usually a wimp but was for this). After I started feeling the numbing and they set up this hot air blower covering my arms for comfort and the block went up. My fear that I would "feel" something was still kicked in severely and I was shaking a lot! I was just breathing and trying to stay in a talk to myself to stay calm zone! Next the doc said did you feel that, I said no, he said good we are set. Hubby came in, said they were already cutting and the pulling and pushing feeling i felt actually felt relieving to me strangly, lol. I calmed down knowing I couldn't feel anything and was comfortable and warm, but still shaking on and off!

The doc (who has a great sense of humor if your in the right mind state for it) says omg what a head he's got then I heard him cry and this overwhelming emotion flowed all over me and they brought him around and we both busted out crying! Nobody can prepare you for that feeling and not having experienced it with my first two was so happy to have gotten it! My hubby went with him at this point and they started talking about how he was peeing on them like 3x and they were laughing and weighing him in at 8 lbs 12 oz (not quite as big as I thought but definitely a nice size boy)and 20.25 inches long! Then they cleaned him and wrapped him and came and sat next to me where they were still stitching me up. Again the doc with his sense of humor says, your 50% fertile still (i had a tubal as well), are you sure you want me to do the other side...it was the one time I mustered a big YES! I'm 40 with a combined 5 kids between the two of us now, that's it! Within 10 minutes more they were done and unwrapping me and sending hubby and baby to recovery to wait for me.

They used this cool air bed transfer system to put me back on the bed and off we went to recovery. There they were giving my Aiden air etc saying he was just having a little trouble transitioning (same thing happened with my 2nd and they kept her in NICU for like 5 hours), here they said lets try putting him on mom and try to nurse and see what happens. Within 5 minutes he stabilized and was fine. Amazing that we moms can do that for our new babies! We help them regulate their temp and breathing just by being on us! We stayed there for about 2 hours just holding my baby and talking and nursing waiting for everything to stabilize then they moved us to our nice room in the mother/baby unit!

This hospital and the nurses were phenomenal and we did take advantage of the nursery to get a couple hours of sleep in between feedings. I felt great being able to breath again and the heartburn went away within hours completely for good. What a road and experience that I wouldn't trade or change for anything as the outcome is more than I ever could have hoped. We however are done and look forward to enjoying all our children and especially now this last for every moment!
January 1st, 2012, 07:18 PM
I love my family!!!
What a great story!! I agree how amazing it is when people leave babies and mamas on our own and see what we can do! Congrats mama!!
January 1st, 2012, 09:48 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm glad you had a good experience. congrats on your new little guy!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search