Vincent's Birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Veteran
The last 4 weeks of being pregnant I was miserable and had highblood pressure, every week I went in asking to just be induced already. Each time we would just schedule another appointment for 3 days later. Finally on Friday 11/18 the Dr said she wanted to induce Monday if I didnt go into labor naturally over the weekend. I tried just about everything to induce labor that weekend. Sure enoughnothing worked! Monday 11/21 we arrived at 5:30 pm to start the induction I was 2 cm and 50% effaced. At 8pm the doctor inserted the cervadil. The cervadil was scheduled to be removed at 5am and then start pitocin at 6am. Well Vincent had other plans....

At 4:30am I felt a pop but didn't think anything of it cause i didnt feel any fluid....well 5 minutes later I coughed and felt some fluid leak so I paged the nurse to let her know. She said I still had to wait til 5am to remove the cervadil. The contractions started to pickup over the next 30 minutes but I was still able to breathe through them. At 5am she removed the cervadil and checked me. I was only 3cm and 70% effaced. At this point the contractions were getting really intense and close together.

I got up and took a shower to relieve some of pressure it kind of helped. Then at 6 am everything started to become a blur. I was 4 cm and 100% effaced so she started the pitocin. About 15 minutes later she checked me. I was 6 cm so she shut off the pitocin and called the Dr to let her know my progress and the anesthesiologist for my epidural. At 6:30 I told thenurse I was feeling pressure. She checked again I was 8 cm she said if I progressed any further I would be too far forthe epidural. I kept saying the anesthesiologist better hurry up then. The anesthesiologist got to my room at 7am. It took the anesthesiologist 2 times to get the epidural in correctly. At 7:30 the nurse checked me I was 10cm and a -2 station she said I would probably be pushing for about 2 hours. The Dr arrived at 7:35 and checked me. She said the baby is right there she could see the head. She got dressed at 7:50 i started pushhing. My contractions were 5 minutes apart so 20 minutes and 4 contractions later Vincent arrived at 8:10 am weighing 6 lbs 7 oz and 19 in long.

These were his hospital pictures at 24 hours old.

Last edited by Mrs Arena; January 1st, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
January 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! he's adorable, great pictures.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search