Eli Paul's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Mommy2E&E's Avatar Super Mommy
Here’s my birth story finally.

I went in on the 23rd for my 39 week appointment. When my midwife checked me I was 1 cm and 75% thinned out. She also informed me that if I were to go into labor over the weekend I wouldn’t get a midwife because of Christmas. One of the OB’s is Jewish and he was going to be on call so everyone else could enjoy Christmas with their families.
I took Ethan to the mall so he could make Eli and Build a Bear and the entire time there I was having contractions but nothing too bad. At 2:00am they were waking me up every hour but I figured it was another false alarm. Christmas Eve they started coming closer together and stronger. I went into L&D at around 11 pm and was just barely 3 cm. They monitored me for an hour, though for the majority of the time the monitor didn’t pick up my contractions. At 12 am I was still at 3 and contractions were 5-8 mins apart. So they gave me a pill to help relax and told me to go home and try and get some sleep. They said to come back in when my contractions were 3-5 mins apart or stronger and longer.
Till I got back home they were already getting closer together and stronger but decided to wait it out. At 3am I got in a hot bath hoping that would help but no such luck I ended up crawling from the bathroom to the bedroom to wake up DH and have him call his mom. *We had decided that since it was Christmas Eve and Ethan had no idea what was going on DH would stay home with him to open his presents and they would come right in afterwards and hopefully make it in time.* I got back to L&D at around 4am and when she checked me I was 7 cms. The hooked me up to get my antibiotic and fluids so I could get my epidural. My water broke at 6:20 and I finally got my epidural at 6:45. When the OB came to check me at around 8:30 I was still stuck at 8cm so they gave me some Pitocin. By 9:30 I was ready to start pushing and Eli was born at 9:54 am. Eli was the only baby born on Christmas at our hospital. DH missed the birth by 10 mins. All in all I had the labor and delivery that I wanted and I’m so glad.

Eli and Big Brother Ethan

Please forgive the way I look. Eli got the hat and the stocking for being the Christmas baby.

Ready to go home

My boys
January 2nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
I love my family!!!
Wow! Congrats on your Christmas baby!!
January 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He is precious! Congrats!
January 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm glad you had a good labour, but sorry your DH missed it-- so close! i'm pretty sure I'll be delivering without the father because he lives a couple hours away and i have really fast labours. inviting a friend of ours, instead.
congrats on your Christmas baby!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 4th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
grats on your christmas baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search