William Mitchell

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Better late than never right??

I woke up on my due date, October 19th, I couldn’t believe I was STILL pregnant. My midwife Jessica had stripped my membranes 2 days prior and I was getting pretty impatient. I had lost my mucus plug the day before, but had no bleeding since then. I went about my normal day, taking care of Ross, during his nap time I decided I too would lay down, I had been so exhausted the last few weeks nap time was my only saviour. I tried to get comfortable but it wasnt working, stupid braxton hicks were keeping me up, I gave up but layed in bed until Ross woke up around 1.

I got up and made lunch for us, I continued to have irregular contractions all afternoon, when Derek got home around 5 I told him “I think we might have a baby tonight” contractions were irregular and not painful all evening. I called my Midwife around 7 she didnt seem too concerned, I was instructed to take a bath, lay down and try to rest, if they continued and became painful or regular to call her back.

I took a bath and tried to lay down and rest, I watched TV for a bit but couldnt seem to fall asleep, the contractions started to get painful a little before midnight, and were between 3-4 mins apart, I decided a little after midnight that it was time to call Jessica back.

She arrived around 12:45 am and checked me, I was at 3 cm, 6 cm with a contraction, she wasnt going anywhere, it was babytime. We called Dereks parents, and Derek started trying to fill up the birthing pool, while I took a bath. Of course the tap didnt adapt to the faucet in our bathroom, and after a few failing attempts, one involving duct tape and resulting in a little flood he resorted to trying to boil pots of water on the stove and carrying them up to the bedroom, one pot at a time.

Dereks parents arrived a little after 2, his dad took Ross down stairs to sleep/snuggle on the couch, and his mom started helping Derek boil and bring water up the stairs. I spent some more time in the shower and then tossed my cookies all over the bathroom, im still not sure who cleaned that up, it wasnt me

By 2:30 I demand they stop filling the pool, the sound of pouring water was just too much, also the pool was maybe half full, they never would have finished in time. At 2:45 I asked Jessica to check me, I was at 9 cm so I then asked her to break my water, 5 minutes later I was ready to push. 3 good pushes and they could see your head, Im certain i cursed everyone, begged for the epidural, the burning was so painful. Another 2 pushes and the head was out, once more for the shoulders and then he was here. At 3:03am after 3 hours of labour William Mitchell was born, weighing 7lbs14oz and measuring 19.5 inches long.

only a few hairline tears, no stiches needed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search