Nolan's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Lovin'_My_Boys's Avatar Momma to Landon & Nolan
I have been meaning to post Nolan's birth story for (almost) 2 months now... but the last 2 months have been very busy and I've been unable to. So here it is...

We were scheduled for an induction because Nolan wasn't gaining a lot of weight (he kept measuring a few weeks behind) and my amniotic fluid levels kept shifting dramatically (One week they would be low... the next they would be borderline normal). My high risk dr had me coming in each week to measure him, and when he saw me around 38 weeks (12/6/11) he said he'd feel more comfortable with me delivering Nolan sooner rather then later. When I went in to my OB's office that same day, after my appt with my HR dr, I told him what my HR dr said, so he stripped my membranes and then scheduled me for an induction 2 days later on 12/8/11. I went about my day, hoping the stripping of the membranes would do the trick, like it did with my first son, needless to say, it didn't do anything.

On 12/8/11 we headed to the hospital for our 6 am induction. At 7:15 I was all hooked up and they started the pitocin. They checked me and I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. At 8:30-8:45ish they came in and upped my pitocin, as I really wasn't feeling anything. At 9:30 they came back in and checked me again, I was dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced, so the dr broke my water. About 30 minutes after he broke my water, the contractions got strong enough that I requested an epidural. At 10:30 the anesthesiologist finally arrived and gave me my epidural. As the anesthesiologist was giving me the epidural, both my MIL and Parents (oh and Landon Bug too) showed up... they waited outside until I was all done. Just around 11 everyone came into the room to play the waiting game with me At about 11:30 am my *amazing* nurse came in to check my BP (it kept dropping.. not sure why??). I told her I could tell the little guy was moving down because I felt the pressure down there. She decided to check me and barely got her fingers in before she gave me this shocked look and said "his head is right there... we need to get the dr in here now, he's coming!"... she paged the dr and got everything ready for him. When he arrived they got everyone in position and my dr told me to push. I pushed 4 nice pushes and out came the little man. I cried as they put the little man on my chest. After almost 2 years of TTC this booger, I was finally holding my miracle <3

Nolan Bradley weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 20" long. He arrived on 12/8/11 @ 11:50 AM.

Right after I got my moment with him, his daddy cut the umbilical cord from me... they took him over and cleaned him off and suctioned over 11 cc's of amniotic fluid out of him!! He was perfectly healthy otherwise. Daddy again got to cut the umbilical cord and Nolan got his picture taken with daddy and his amazing dr that helped bring him in to the world. After all the grandparents got to see him, we got to have our golden hour as a family of 4.

It was definitely one of the best days of my life!

Nolan's 1st Picture

Nolan & Mommy <3

Nolan's hospital photo

*Formally known as 'Landon's Mommy'

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search