We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So I had my check-up today. Now I've been having all these contractions the past week or so and I was hoping they were doing something, but wasn't holding my breath. DH guessed that I was dilated to a 2. The Dr said that he was optimistic and that it PAID OFF (her words)...I'm at a 2 and 50% effaced!! I'm so freaking excited because I have NEVER effaced at all with my other two kids and have never gotten past a 1!! The nurse from the hospital that I had my pre-admit appointment with had told me that I probably wouldn't dialate very fast and that it would all of a sudden happen all at once because of me having the LEEP done and I asked my dr about it. She said that my cervix does not feel like I've had a LEEP and that if she didn't know I had one she'd never guess so she doesn't foresee that kind of problem. I also asked when the hospital is SUPPOSED to call her when I'm at the delivery phase because they didn't call her until I was crowning with my son and then expected me to stop pushing. She said they usually call at the time that she should already be there....so they always call her late...wonderful. She said that 3rd births usually go quickly and that they probably won't even let me push until she gets there. Baby is now lower than she was and she isn't measuring as big as my son was at this stage in the pregnancy. She gave me the option to induce, but I decided to give her a little longer to come on her own. If she doesn't come by the Saturday after Thanksgiving (1 day before her due date) then we'll induce. My doctor will be on call starting this Saturday for 10 days and I don't want to wait until after my due date and take a chance of the other doctor having to deliver me as I don't like her...also I'm off work next week and really don't want to have to go back to work.