We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I posted a while ago about the scads of diaper making supplies I've had taking up space in my cupboards. I've finally gotten started and figured I'd try to keep myself accountable be keeping track of my progress here.
As of today, all the main fabric is cut. Microfiber for sewn-in soakers is cut, but extra flannel for soakers isn't. I set snaps for 7 fitteds, 3 covers and 5 pockets tonight.
With the materials I have, I think I will be making about 10 fitteds, 10 covers and 25-30 pockets. I think eventually I might want more fitteds than that, but again, I'm just working with what I have.
Right now, I have the following homemade and usable:
4 small stuffable AIOs
5 medium pockets
And the following commercial:
24 infant PFs (that I plan to use for inserts later)
12 OS Kawaii Minky pockets
1 OS FB
12 Medium PFs
4 Medium Bummis covers
2 Cheapy pull-on covers
About 35 inserts (not sure of brand)
Some of the pockets I'm making may be going to my niece in Alaska if her mom decides to commit to cloth.
Didn't get much done today. I finished one fitted and got about halfway through a cover when my needle broke. No biggie normally, but of course when I have a ton of sewing to do today (and DH home so I can actually sit down!), I'm all out of needles. Looks like a trip to Walmart tomorrow!
Here's the fitted I made today on the smallest setting: