Uggg I'm dumb..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Making your own cloth diapers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am making some upcycled and new prefolds, so in an experiment I decided to try something new, I bought 100% cotton quilt batting to put as the soakers in the middle, I figured it might save on fabric and wanted to see how absorbent it was. So when I went to wash my materials I threw it in thinking I should preshrink it.. Well I just transferred it all to the dryer and I have teeny tiny little bits of quilt batting all over EVERYTHING and my batting is shredded Ugg.. It sucks. For anyone that dosen't know what I am talking about this is the product
Warm Tater 100% Cotton Quilt Batting by the Makers of Warm and Natural

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
March 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought some bamboo/cotton quilt batting a couple years ago and it didn't come out of the wash too pretty If I did it again, I'd stuff it in a mesh laundry bag for laundring.
March 29th, 2011, 07:20 PM
SuJo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

You have to hand wash it to preshrink, usually each bag will have brand specific directions. Better luck next time!
March 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuJo View Post

You have to hand wash it to preshrink, usually each bag will have brand specific directions. Better luck next time!
I bought it off the big roll at the fabric store...
I just did without and made some really cute prefolds, and some boring ones too..

I also made some out of upcycled flats that I accidentally bought, I thought I was buying prefolds from her because that is what she said she was selling, didn't look in the bag when I got them , got home and went "Darn, WTH am I going to do with these" When I went to the fabric store the printed flannel was cheaper then the diaper flannel and it was 60 inches as opposed to 30inchs..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
March 29th, 2011, 08:41 PM
SuJo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute!!

Yea, they totally rip you off by putting the diaper in front of flannel.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search