best hook & loop? Please help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Making your own cloth diapers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi all! I need to replace some terrible hook & loop closures on some BG AIOs. These have only been used for about a month and are either super shredded (loop side across the front), or REALLY difficult to undo/release.

I really like the ease of release and apparent durability of the BG 4.0 pockets I have. Could anyone recommend where I can find that type of hook & loop for me to purchase in a small quantity (like 6 diapers worth)?

Also, what is the difference between aplix and touch tape? Is the touch tape more like fabric? If so, I think the laundry tabs on one of the BGs I'm trying to fix is this lightweight soft fabric-like stuff. These laundry tabs are the worst to get apart!!

I just want something that is easy to use and durable! I thought that's what I was getting when I ordered these diapers since I love all my other BGs. Turns out these are lemons as far as the closure goes.

Please help me out with a recommendation!

Thanks in advance!!

[url=http://lilypie.com]
May 7th, 2011, 05:55 AM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure what BG uses, but from what I've been told, Touch Tape is softer than Aplix, but Aplix holds better. I personally use Aplix. I use hook tabs, and loop tape for the laundry tabs, but for the loop front, I use loop fabric.

The fabric covers the entire front section and allows for a little more flexibility on the rise. I got it from Kids in the Garden.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

May 7th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Thank you! That is such a great diaper by the way!

I really am just looking to replace the existing hook and loop and I just didn't want to buy something that was going to do the same thing in a month or so. The nearest fabric stores are over an hour away, so I was hoping for some online recommendations. I will definitely check out Kids in the Garden!

May 7th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
personally, I like using a combination. I like aplix look and touch tape hook. The hook is stronger with touch tape, but the aplix loop is longer lasting and softer.

And you probably won't be able to find anything local... unfortunately

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Finally just ordered the replacement laundry tabs from cotton babies. Now I'm looking for the hook tape for the front. I checked out Joann's which had velcro of the same type that I am trying to replace. It looked like it would quickly shred. I'm going to get a sample from Kids in the Garden. Thanks for the tips!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search