GO check your local Joanns!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SuJo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Making your own cloth diapers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
They now have REAL pul, snaps, snap pliers, diaper-making aplix and FOE!!

Here's what I found when I went to check it out:

They have about 6 solid colors and 2 prints by-the-yard. Solids $12.99, prints $14.99 (coupons!!). Then there are adorable packaged sets. They come with 3 solids, or 2 prints and a solid that coordinate. $14.99 for those, 21x25" pieces. Snaps are size 20, come in sets of 60, with 2 or 3 different (coordinating) colors in each package $7.99. FOE comes in packages of 2 colors/colors, I think 1 yard each color/print. Don't remember the price on those. Hook and loop (velcro) comes in 1.5" size packaged in single colors (LOTS of colors!!) with 1 yd soft, and .5 yd hard $3.99/pkg. they also have snap pliers and the pattern book/instructions that looks VERY good for beginners.

It looked like a LOT of the prints on the website are there, but mostly in the packaged sets which is a bummer. Quality looks WONDERFUL on everything. I'm probably going to take some coupons tomorrow and pick some up!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Veteran
I stopped by on Sunday and my Joann's was pretty stocked. All of the PUL prints in the packages also were available by the yard, the FOE packages ($6.99 I think) say 2 ct. 1 in x 2 yards. I interpreted that to mean each color was 2 yards long, but I guess I can't say for sure as I haven't opened my package yet. Pretty exciting, especially since my last Joann's mailing had 1 50% off coupon and 4 40% off coupons!

September 21st, 2011, 07:30 PM
SuJo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Download the Joann app if you have a smart phone, there is a 50% off notion coupon you can use on it as well.
adi&co. likes this.
September 22nd, 2011, 07:14 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a bunch of their new stuff - 50% off the PUL and 40% off coupons for everything else! I love coupons!
September 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgirl View Post
I stopped by on Sunday and my Joann's was pretty stocked. All of the PUL prints in the packages also were available by the yard, the FOE packages ($6.99 I think) say 2 ct. 1 in x 2 yards. I interpreted that to mean each color was 2 yards long, but I guess I can't say for sure as I haven't opened my package yet. Pretty exciting, especially since my last Joann's mailing had 1 50% off coupon and 4 40% off coupons!
so jealous!!! I want a lot of the prints in yardage!! I picked up some today with coupons though.

I looked closer at the FOE and yep, 2 yards each color/print

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 23rd, 2011, 11:28 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I bought a bunch of the pul and love it. Here are a couple covers I've made already. Don't mind the blurry pic, she didn't want to hold still.

I bought some diaper cuts just so I could make some monster diapers. They had most of the prints in yardage, but not all of them. I've already been back there twice and am trying to control myself so I don't go back again.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
September 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
SuJo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca-did you use their pattern book or your own pattern for those? They are really cute!! I've been using my own patterns, but I bought their book to try out the small in there. It says 8-20 lbs though, that seems like such a huge spread to me.
September 24th, 2011, 01:14 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuJo View Post
Rebecca-did you use their pattern book or your own pattern for those? They are really cute!! I've been using my own patterns, but I bought their book to try out the small in there. It says 8-20 lbs though, that seems like such a huge spread to me.
I looked through the book and decided to buy fabric instead. The pattern looks similar to what I've been making which is a pattern based off my kids measurements over the years. 8-20lbs is a huge range. Did you see what the medium size was? My dd is just over 9lbs and still in newborns. Let me know if the smalls work.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 17th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I'm*curious*to*hear*about*any*delamination*issues* with*the*Babyville*PUL.
February 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworktiner View Post
I'm*curious*to*hear*about*any*delamination*issues* with*the*Babyville*PUL.

Mine completely delaminated. BUT - Babyville reimbursed me for my cost and paid to have the remaining fabric shipped back to them so they could do testing on it. Not only that, but those delaminated covers are still in full use! Their laminate does not stick to itself like other PUL does. It's basically like a 2-layer cover - one layer fabric, another layer laminate. Hasn't ripped or torn or anything. Still not going to buy more until they fix the problem though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search