Brief birth story of Julius Crispin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2005, 10:34 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I woke at 2 am with a contraction. It wasnít a bad one, but it definitely caught my attention. 10 mins later I had another of the same intensity. This continued so at about 2:35 I went to the washroom. I sat on the toilet and the ctx seemed to increase with intensity and get closer together. I decided to run a bath. I got in and thought that I would either cause the labour to slow or stop (which I was fine with as it was about 3am and I wanted to sleep) or it would cause it to speed up. While in the tub I checked myself and found I was about 2 cm dilated and I could feel my membranes were still intact.
I returned to my room at about 3:30am, the contractions started to hurt a lot more, and I woke Kirk around 4am. We returned to the bathroom, he ran me a bath and I got in again. He had a pillow and a blanket and he went to sleep beside the tub. I continued to labour in the tub, switching from side to side from about 4:30. The contractions came very close together from this point on, I had very little time in between, maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute. They were very intense and I was having difficulty managing them. I kept getting really hot, so I would have Kirk open the bathroom door and he was very cold. Then I would get cold and ask him to heat up the tubÖ LOL! Kirk also kept going to sleep and he was snoring so I would get mad and tell him to stop it! I checked myself again around 5:40 am and I couldnít feel any cervix anymore, my water broke at 5:47am. I was still having back to back contractions. I told Kirk my water broke, he asked if he should call Holly, our doula, I told him no, just go get our supplies, there was no time to call her (she had her kids at home and her husband was working, so I didnít feel she could make it). He ran downstairs and back up. Then he said he needed to go to the washroom, I asked him not to leave me. He had to go, so he went to the other washroom. I checked myself after my water had broken and could feel nothing, so I knew the baby needed gravity to come. I got out of the tub, sat on the toilet and my body started to push, I didnít like being on the toilet, it hurt a lot more, so I wanted back in the tub. Kirk was there then, he helped me back in, I squatted down, leaned over the edge, gave perineal support and pushed when I felt the urge, I didnít like it, thought I may tear, so I leaned back and tried that way, and out came a head, it was huge, but no tears. I felt for cord, couldnít even find the neck. I felt again, could feel cord, so I tried to loosen it, I couldnít. So I told Kirk to get the clamps ready and then with the next contraction I pushed and I also let the water out as I decided I didnít want anymore water when this baby was out. Out came a baby, I unwrapped the cord, picked him up and started to rub his back vigorously to stimulate his breathing. He was purple in the face, but he started to pink up fairly quickly. I used my mouth to suck anything out but there was nothing. I wrapped him in towels, warmed him up, had Kirk wrap me in a towel and then Kirk and I decided that it would be easier to cut the cord and have Kirk take him so that he would be warmer and so that I could deliver the placenta. The placenta came out about 8 minutes after he was born. I then had a quick shower and got out of the tub, went to my bed, lied down with my new baby and my husband, weighed my new baby (10lbs, 3 oz. 21 inches long, head circumference was 14.4 inches) nursed, and went to sleep. Apgar was 5 at 1 minute, 10 at 5 minutes. We woke up about 2 hours later; Sydney came in and met her new brother, then Kiera and finally Addison. The kids all love to hug and kiss him.

November 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to playwithlights Send a message via Yahoo to playwithlights
wow. i would have not been able to do that. i would have been freaking out!!!

congrats to you

</div>
November 8th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in from September Playroom

Wow Brandy, Your sons birth story sounds so fantastic, So natural and simple. I envy you.

Well Done and Congratulations!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
November 8th, 2005, 10:51 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Wow- what a perfect story!
November 8th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You are one strong woman!! Congrats to you on that birth!
November 8th, 2005, 11:33 AM
~*Melanie*~
I am so happy everything went so smoothly and you were able to deliver Julius the way you wanted to. It was a really great story.
November 8th, 2005, 04:18 PM
mom2Silas&amp;Aidan's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! You are the QUEEN!!! 10+lbs and all by yourself- truly amazing!
Congratulations!!
November 8th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Congrats

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

November 8th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow!!!

I never would have been able to do all of that! Your dh's potty break made me laugh because my dh did the same thing! I told him to wait but he couldn't

You are amazing to have done all that at home without help. Not to mention that you knew how to check yourself and do the apgar etc!
November 8th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again, Brandy! That's a really impressive birth story! I'm glad that everything worked out just the way you wanted it!

November 9th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Natasha1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Natasha1983
wow... thats about all I can say LOL. It takes a lot of courage to go through that I am happy to have been able to read that story. How exciting!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
November 9th, 2005, 11:49 PM
mamatiff's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww i was so excited to see you had you lil one....And had such a wonderful birth....congrats your a very strong women. I look up to you.

Mommy to Trey 4 (8 - 24 - 05 )& Sage 8 Months ( 7 - 7 - 09 )
Wanting a girl !!!

November 9th, 2005, 11:57 PM
britneydawnly
Popping in from the Jan DDC.
Wow, that story was honestly beautiful. Were you planning on having a home birth or did it just happen that way?
November 14th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I am not sure I would dare do that.

Just out of curiosity, how to you measure the apgar score at home?
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
November 18th, 2005, 09:56 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, she would measure it just like in the hospital....

Oh girl!!!! You had your wonderful, mind blowing, FreeBirth! How glorious! Isn't it amazing girl????? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Welcome to the club girl! Oh I wish I could snuggle him and kiss his big chubby cheeks! He is just perfect! I told you, you could do it! It was so much like my birth! So simple and pure in every way! Ahhhhhhh! I am over the moon! Can I call you???? Ahhhhhhh!

Hugs my sweet friend and I send you much love over the miles!

November 18th, 2005, 09:58 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your not going to believe this girl...but Eli was born on the 6th of November! He just turned 7! How neat!

November 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM
MadameMeow
Wow, Brandy. I must say I'm seriously in awe! I don't think I could do it on my own as I lack training, but I would want some of that control and ease! Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
November 20th, 2005, 02:20 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW, you are amazing! congrats to you on your little miracle! He's beautiful, his birth atory is amazing!!! I am so proud of you, I don't even know you, but i'm still proud! You're amazing!

Ashley,doula and busy mom to:
Brianne 11
Colin 10
Kylie 8
Bryson 7
Noah 5

November 24th, 2005, 06:51 AM
angiemoffett's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just an ole pro! Glad to hear everything went so well! Congratulations!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search