Lorelei Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I wasn't due until Nov 28, but Lorelei came to us on Thursday Nov 3.

I went Thursday for a routine u/s to check her size and fluid level. The technician discovered that there was no fluid, but didn't tell us that. I had to wait on my doctor to call. She called me and told me the news as I was sitting in the radiology waiting room at the hospital. When she told me the news I lost it and told her that I was scared to death and didn't know what to say. She told me to go check in at the birthing center and that the doctor would be by to check on us soon.

This was at 2pm. My DH was at school and I couldn't get ahold of him. The nurses hooked me up to the monitors and her heartbeat was GREAT!!! I could also feel her moving around, so I was a little conforted, but I didn't know what was happening. By 4:30 DH was at the hospital, and we finally saw the doctor around 6pm. He told us that we had 2 options. He could ripen the cirvex and induce in the morning, or go ahead and schedule a c-section for that night. He REALLY made induction sound bad, but said that it was up to us. He said that with no fluid the labor could be really stressful and that if the baby was in ANY distress during labor we would go straight to an emergency c-section where DH couldn't be there and I would be knocked out. Well, after a lot of prayers DH and I decided to opt for the c-section that night. I was a ball of emotions by this point and I was scared to death. The u/s showed that Lorelei was 4 or maybe 5 lbs, and with there being no fluid there was a chance of deformalities of the head, and I was terrified. At 8:40pm Lorelei was born. No deformalities and she weighed 6 lbs 1 oz. She was also 19.5 inches long. She is georgious and has beautiful color! I was in recovery for a short period of time and then I joined Lorelei and DH in the hospital suite!

It was a very scarry day, but now we are home and she is doing perfectly well. She scored a 9.9 on her APCAR (I think that's right). She's perfect!

God really took care of us! Lorelei was also breech (bad) and since there was no fluid, we would have never been able to have her naturally.

Here are some pictures of her ... we are very proud parents. Things are really crazy here right now, so I may not be back for a little while, but I wanted to check in and let you know that we're home and doing well.

November 8th, 2005, 03:41 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Congratulations! I am glad she is safe and sound and that it all worked out.

November 8th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh, that had to be so scary for you. I am so glad that everything worked out okay. Lorelei is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your precious daughter!

November 9th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW! I would have been scared to death as well..congrats to you and your family.

November 9th, 2005, 02:01 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
How scary...I'm glad things worked out for the good!!! She's just gorgeous!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
November 10th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!! I am sure it was a scary time, but everything worked out for the best for Lorelei!! Enjoy!
November 11th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! That was a really scary experience. Did you cry tears of joy when you heard her first cry?

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
November 13th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by SHoward@Nov 11 2005, 07:09 PM
Congratulations! That was a really scary experience. Did you cry tears of joy when you heard her first cry?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Absolutely! I was completely numb until I heard her cry, and then I couldn't stop crying!!!

I'm going to try to start checking in more often. I've been trying to enjoy being home, but we've been pressed to keep feeding her every 3 hours, and it takes at least an hour to feed her, so I've gotten a max of 2 hours of sleep at a time. She's almost back up to her birth weight though, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I must be honest though ... there have been a couple times that she has gone 4 - 5 hours between feedings (but not many times because I feel guilty!!) It's hard to wake a sleeping baby!

November 14th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful baby! Congratulations!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search