Chandler Gage Riley

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rileykidsmom
Nov. 9

I started having contractions at 1 am. I got the kids bags ready for school in the morning and called my dad to give me a ride to the hospital. James was in Colorado. We had to get gas and all that junk so by the time we made it to the hospital it was 3:10 am. The whole ride there I was praying they would give me an epidural right away, I was hurting bad. I was looking for my insurance card at the check in desk when my water broke. They rushed me in the room and got me in a gown. They checked me and imagine the surprise of everyone when they realized I was 9 cm!!! So, no pain meds for me. The doctor got there and it was time to push. I pushed a few times and Chandler Gage was born at 3:41 am!! I was at the hospital for 30 minutes before he was born. I am amazed at myself. Can't believe I walked in there at 9 cm! He has a little bit of blonde hair and blue eyes, he is perfect. Breastfeeding is going good. Recovery has been great. Here are his stats:

Chandler Gage Riley
7 lb 12 oz
19 in.
Nov. 9 3:41 am
November 12th, 2005, 09:20 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
jumpin from dec ddc

congrats!! that was amazing how quick it went. im glad everything is ok and i cant wait to see pics.

i love reading the nov. ladies stories since we are next up at bat!

November 12th, 2005, 12:10 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Dang... you really outta give me some labor pointers .... I can't seem to get these dang kids outta me in less than 12 hours ... much less in under 4!!!

Congrats hun!!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
November 12th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to playwithlights Send a message via Yahoo to playwithlights
ack if i dont get pain meds everyone there will hate me lol.

but congrats! cant wait to see pics of him amy

</div>
November 13th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Amy, that's incredible! What a fast labor! Thank goodness you got to the hospital when you did!

Was this your first delivery without pain meds?

November 13th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rileykidsmom
Quote:
Originally posted by Anne07Nov05@Nov 13 2005, 02:34 AM
Wow, Amy, that's incredible!* What a fast labor!* Thank goodness you got to the hospital when you did!

Was this your first delivery without pain meds?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Yes, this was my first without meds. And to tell you the truth it was the best. Especially recovery. I was up walking and taking a shower within the hour, something I could never have done had I gotten an epidural. It hurt like heck, but as soon as he came out it was over. All the pain was gone except for the little bit of stitching and I didn't care at that point!
November 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Ally_Aguero Send a message via MSN to Ally_Aguero Send a message via Yahoo to Ally_Aguero
Dam that was a fast labor and delivery..Mine was 2 1/2 hours total I wish I could have a delivery like that
November 14th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by rileykidsmom@Nov 12 2005, 11:28 AM
Nov. 9

I started having contractions at 1 am. I got the kids bags ready for school in the morning and called my dad to give me a ride to the hospital. James was in Colorado. We had to get gas and all that junk so by the time we made it to the hospital it was 3:10 am. The whole ride there I was praying they would give me an epidural right away, I was hurting bad. I was looking for my insurance card at the check in desk when my water broke. They rushed me in the room and got me in a gown. They checked me and imagine the surprise of everyone when they realized I was 9 cm!!! So, no pain meds for me. The doctor got there and it was time to push. I pushed a few times and Chandler Gage was born at 3:41 am!! I was at the hospital for 30 minutes before he was born. I am amazed at myself. Can't believe I walked in there at 9 cm! He has a little bit of blonde hair and blue eyes, he is perfect. Breastfeeding is going good.* Recovery has been great. Here are his stats:

Chandler Gage Riley
7 lb 12 oz
19 in.
Nov. 9 3:41 am
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

whoa! no pain meds! How was it??!! ouchy!

November 14th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I should have this type of drive through delivery!!

Congrats!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search