Anna Michelle's Story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Bookerbaby's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Bookerbaby
While I have a minute.

Well, on Sunday I was scheduled to be induced at midnight. I had been having really painful contractions all day, they were all over the place though. My Dr. called me around 9 p.m. to reschedule my induction to Monday (11.07.05). I explained that I was in pain and she told me to go ahead and come in, if I was far enough along they would go ahead with it.
So Brian and I headed to the hospital at 11:30, at this point I couldn't talk through my contractions. We get to triage and the nurse did all the paper work and hooked me up he monitors, then did an internal. I was 2 cm dilated but my contractions were very irregular. She was going to send me home with some pain medication. Brian had walked out to tell his Grandmother to go home. The nurse walked back in with my Dr. and she told me they would be keeping me and just start me on pitocin. So, I called Brian and he came back in. So, we go into my room and I get all ready and lay down. My contractions hurt so bad but I was still managing. The nurse came in and gave me stydal (sp?) through my I.V, that was gross. It made me feel so drunk and when it wore off I felt like my whole body was going to break with every contraction. It was about 3 a.m and I was only about 3 c.m and they gave me the pitocin...and my contractions got worse. They called the anesthesiologist and he was there in like 20 minutes, they gave me my epidural (which wasn't too bad). My pain went away instantly, I will be having one next time. After that I passed out, it was around 7 a.m then. I remember the nurses checking me every so often. At around 6 cm they gave me the oxygen mask and I passed out again. Around 3 in the afternoon they told me I would be getting ready to push, I said ok and they rolled me onto my back. After about an hour of pushing and me making no progress, they tried putting me on my side and gave me oxygen again. So, my Dr. asked if I could feel the contractions and I said no. They turned off my epidural and then I could really feel the pressure! They rolled the mirror in front of my bed and I could see her little head full of black hair. My Dr. cut me and they had to get the vacuum out because I couldn't get her out and her heart rate was dropping. Everytime the Dr rubbed her head though she seemed to relax. So, she put the vacuum on her twice and after 10 minutes she was out. At 4:40 p.m 11.07 little Anna made her way into the world at 6lbs 10 ozs! I had a 2nd degree tear and an episiotomy, ouch...
Anyway, they put her on my stomach and I started crying, Brian was crying and my Mom. Brian actually cut the cord!! He was the best coach ever, at one point I couldn't even lift my head I was so tired, so he did it for me. All I remember is thinking really hard of her flying out. Good news I didn't poop but I did have some hemorrhoids...

<div align="center">The morning will come, in the place of every kiss with your head upon my chest.
Well I will annoy you, with every waking breath till you decide to wake up.
I'd do anything for you.
Kill anyone for you.
This story is for you.
In a phrase to cut these lips: I love you.</div>
November 16th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Nice reading your birth story.

Ouch! for the epidural, the sitz bath will keep you calm and it will heal faster that you may think. I had one too...not funny though.

Keep us posted, we are still here lol!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search