Matthew's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Matthew was born on Sunday 11/13 at 4:31pm and he was 7lbs and 9 ounces and 21 inches long!

11/11
I had a dr appt that I went in for and my bp was really high again. The first time they took it, it was 180/80, then they took it again it was 176/102, any there was more protein. So Dr. M. decided to admit me and that they were going to induce me on Sat. So I went and got admitted and waited!

11/12
At 7:30am Dr. B came in and inserted the Cervadel. Pretty quick after he inserted it the contractions started. They were pretty strong ones. So I sat there all day having contractions that were either one right after the other or a few min. apart all day!! They would not give me anything at all for the pain; he said it may slow down any progress that may be happening. Well about 5pm I asked again for something, telling them I could not take it anymore, they finally gave me a shot of some pain medicine, and removed the Cervadel. She did an internal and I was still only 1 cm... So pretty much was in pain all day for nothing!

11/13
At 7am Dr. B. inserted the Cervadel again. This time the contractions were even stronger. I kept telling the nurse I wanted something for the pain, but she kept saying maybe later. The contractions were right on top of each other now; all I wanted was a little break since the shots only last for two hours. But I got nothing. Around about 2:30 the nurse came in and did an internal exam to see if there was any progress, she checked and said I was 2cm. In the process she accidentally pulled out the Cervadel, so she called Dr. B. to see what he wanted to do.
At 2:50pm Dr B. came in and said I was 3 cm so he broke my water. So they moved me to the L&D room. By now my contractions were one right on top of another still. So they were getting me settled into my room, and I kept telling her I was have one very long painful contraction for ten min or more, but she would still not give me anything for the pain at all. She kept saying to wait, and she will get me something. Then about 3:30 pm I kept getting the urge to push really bad. Since I thought it was still too early I didn’t say anything. But I finally did and the nurse could not believe it, since it was only about half hour or so, so she did another internal and I was 10cm. So they called the Dr B. in to get things going. So again I asked for something for the pain and she said she would, so she finally did but it was about 10 min before he was born, and the shots take 15 or more min to take affect.
So it took about half hour of pushing and he was here. Dr. B did end up using the vacuum, not sure why since he didn’t explain anything at all to me.
But it is soo hard to explain the emotions from when he was born. Complete amazement! It is amazing how you can love someone soo much soo quickly!

So all in all, it was a really really painful labor, and I will never want to be induced again. Since I hear they are soo much worse. But I would do it again in a heartbeat to have another precious baby like Matthew. I am not very happy at all with my dr. so I am happy he is retiring soon. He really needs to.

So I ended up coming home on 11/15. I was soo happy to come home. Well sorry this is soo long but it was a LONG weekend!

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

November 20th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Tinks_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats your you baby boy! Sorry your induction didn't go well.
BrynLeigh 08/18/08
and bean due 12/18/2010
November 20th, 2005, 10:24 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are one strong mama! You did it without the epi with an induced labor! Wow! Just imagine how easy a natural labor would be for you! Congrat's on your baby and you really did a terrific job mama!

March 29th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just read your post in Molly's thread saying that you didn't have an epi with Matthew, but were hoping for one the next time, so I came here to read your story. WOW! I can't believe they wouldn't give you anything all those times you asked, and I also can't believe how suddenly you progressed to 10 cm! What a labor! I can't wait to hear how your next one goes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search