The Birth Story of Gage Lee. :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to playwithlights Send a message via Yahoo to playwithlights
Hopefully this wont be too long of a story. but here we go.

i woke up on monday, nov 21st, at around 6:45 am with contractions. they werent in any sort of pattern so i just kind of blew them off and went upstairs to take a shower because i had to be up at 7:15 anyways cause we were going to buy a car. Well, while we were out buying the car my contractions got stronger, still no pattern to them though. so i call my mom at work and tell her to leave work and meet up with us. so this is about 10am now. my mom meets up with us at our condo at 10:30 and we head back up to the credit union to make sure our loan went through. then we had to run to get car insurance and then we had to go get the car which was a half hour away. so my mom is sitting there everywhere we go timing my contractions and the people at these places are like "um?" lol. it was kinda funny. well at 4pm we FINALLY have the car and its ours. so we head back home and do last min packing and then headed up to the hospital at 6pm.
So after i get all settled in at the hospital i realise that my contractions were only like 5 to 6 min apart thanks to the contraction monitor. but they were tolerable. So the doc came in and checked me and i was 3cm. and since i started going into labor on my own i didnt need to be induced YAY! so after that they started the antibotics for my group b strep. omg. that hurt SO bad. my arm felt like it was going to fall off. so they wrapped my arm up with ice packs and then finally i couldnt feel it anymore. but it was hurting me so bad that i couldnt even feel my contractions anymore. ha. anyways, my mom n my mother in law hung out there til around midnite and dan fell asleep at 9pm. good husband eh? ha. so around 12:30am i tell the nurse i think im ready for my epidural because i cant sleep and my contractions were getting so strong that it would make my eyes tear up. so at 1am the dude came and did my epidural. which was a piece of cake! i was so nervous about getting that and then afterwards i was like "what was i so afraid of??" well that was the most amazing thing ever and right after he left i fell asleep. then at like 4 the nurse woke me up to take my temp and all that and then i was like "omg i can feel my contractions again!!" so then she couldnt figure out why so she called the dude again and he came up and i guess i moved alot while i was sleeping and i somehow made the cathader get pinched so it stopped flowing. so after that was fixed i was in great shape. she told me that at 6am the doc is gonna break my water so i just went back to sleep.
at 6am the doc came in and checked me and i was only at 4.5 cm. so she broke my water. and then she stuck the contraction monitor in my vag and that was uncomfortable. but i fell back to sleep like right after she left. well at 7am i woke up and i was screaming cause i was in so much pain. and the nurse came in and i was laying in my bed crying and she was asking me what exactly hurts and i kept telling her that when i would have a contraction that stupid monitor thing in me was KILLING me! and shes like "those arent supposed to hurt" and i was yelling at her to get the doc. well while she was doing that i felt a TON of pressure down there. so i start screaming for Dan to wake up. and i couldnt get him to wake up and i started crying more. then the doc came in and she said she would pull out the monitor. when she pulled it out she checked me and she was like "um do you feel like you have to push" and i was like "YES!" and she was like "thats cause your at 10!" and i was like "DAN WAKE UP !@$#!@%$#@^%$#&" haha. so he finally jumped up and they started to get the room ready for me. well every contraction i was crying so bad cause they are yelling at me to breathe through them and try not to push and i was like "*** MY BODY IS MAKING ME PUSH!" and then finally i was like "i cant hold this in anymore i have to push i dont care if my doctor isnt in here!" well finally the nurse and the resident doc were like "okay we just talked to your doc shes in the building coming up here right now and she said you can start pushing" and i was like "THANK GOD!" so i pushed 3 times through 6 contractions and his head started to pop out and they were like "STOP PUSHING!!" and i was like "ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME??!!? IM NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN!" that was so painful. the nurses all laughed at me and then FINALLY my doc walked in and they threw her scrubs on so fast and i was yellin at her that i had to push and she was like "okay push!" and then after 1 contraction with 3 pushes out popped Gage!

Gage Lee was born at 7:35am, 8 lbs 1 oz, 19 3/4 inches.

everyone in there was like "are you sure this is your first baby?? you pushed like a champ!!" and my doc was like "that wasnt supposed to happen that fast!" yeah i pushed for 10 min and out he was! im really happy it happened that fast though. lol.

Well over all this experience has been a weird one let me tell you. but i have to say the worst part was those darn antibotics going in my arm. but dan n i are really happy and gage has been good for us so far. all he does is eat, sleep, and fart. and said said "hes just like his mom" haha.

well hes crying now. i hope i didnt leave anything out. and i wont be upset if you didnt read the whole thing either.

happy thanksgiving everyone.

</div>
November 24th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Erin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story, Sue!!!! Don't you love how the doctor gets paid all the money and shows up at the last second to catch the baby?!?

Wow. I didn't know the antibiotics could hurt like that, no one else has mentioned that.

Way to go with the champion pushing!! Sounds like things went pretty well. Congratulations! Enjoy your little man!
November 25th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Tricia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Sue!!!! I am so glad it all went well for you!!!!

November 25th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow!! Glad you didn't have to push long. Why didn't they give you the antibiotics in the IV? That's how I got mine.

Enjoy your baby boy!!
November 25th, 2005, 08:42 AM
~*Melanie*~
Congratulations Sue! That is so awesome that you didn't have to push for long at all! I am so happy for you!
November 25th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to playwithlights Send a message via Yahoo to playwithlights
Quote:
Originally posted by Trying for 3@Nov 25 2005, 11:34 AM
Wow!!* Glad you didn't have to push long.* Why didn't they give you the antibiotics in the IV?* That's how I got mine.*

Enjoy your baby boy!!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

i DID get them in the IV. it was so painful.

</div>
November 26th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Veteran
yea, when I got my antibiotics it hurt pretty bad as well, I felt tingling in my arm like burning. anyways, congrats Sue!!!!!!!!!

November 28th, 2005, 09:28 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
They told me that it depends on the person but a lot of people do get the painful burning from them. I had some slight discomfort but nothing unbearable!
November 29th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well they hurt me so bad that it was more painful than giving birth LOL!

</div>
November 30th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A couple people have told me that getting the IV was the most painful part of L&D for them. Luckily, mine didn't hurt at all... although maybe that's just b/c I was in so much pain from the contractions, that I didn't notice! LOL I had antibiotics for GBS too, but didn't get any tingling or anything.

Anyway... about your birth story... Congratulations! Way to be a great pusher!!! Woo hoo, Sue!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search