Dahlia's Birth Story <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2005, 01:02 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rhythmicFASHION Send a message via Yahoo to rhythmicFASHION
I was scheduled for an induction Friday morning, which was my duedate.
My doctor didn't want my pregnancy to progress any further because he was estimating that she was already a pretty big baby.
He said that because of my structure (Thin, small hips) and the fact that I'm young, it would be complicated to have a baby that was eight pounds.

So I went into the hospital Friday morning around 8:00. They hooked me up to an IV (just sugar water), and my boyfriend showed up with my mom. The nurse came in to check, and said that I was already having contractions. I couldn't feel much.

Around 4:00, my doctor came in and checked me. He said that I was progressing, and he would start the pitocin around 9:00. Around 8:00, the cramping started getting worse. This continued until the nurse came in to check the fetal monitor, and stated that I was having pretty intense contractions. She thought I was progressing quickly, and called my doctor.

I refused to take any type of pain medication for a long while after. My doctor later instructed the anesthesiologist to perform my epidural, so he came in, got ready and did it. At first, he kept getting blood back, so he did it a second time. My legs were numb, but I could basically still feel everything else.

Around 10, my doctor came in and announced that I was fully dialated. Everything from that point on came in a flash, and I started getting panicky. The whole experience was so quickly paced, I can barely remember it. I started pushing, and I felt like I wasn't pushing fast enough. There was a good liklihood that I'd have to have an emergency ceserean, but I continued pushing more quickly.

My doctor thought the cord was wrapped around her neck, and I started getting frantic. I was pushing hard, and after an episiotomy and some more screaming and pushing, Dahlia Jane made her entry into the world at 11:31 pm. As soon as I held her in my arms, I burst into tears.

So here's a picture:

</div>
December 1st, 2005, 01:10 PM
_Rebecca_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a nice story. I am glad that you were a great pusher and got her out quickly! So how big was she??
December 1st, 2005, 08:09 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
What a doll! Glad everything went so well for ya! I'm with jamoswife...how big was she?
December 3rd, 2005, 07:04 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to rhythmicFASHION Send a message via Yahoo to rhythmicFASHION
Thank you!! She was 7lbs8 1/2oz, and 20in long.

</div>
December 5th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
Congratulations! She is a beautiful baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search