Surprise He's here

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
mama_2c_1m_4p_curpreg1
On August 28th I went to the hospital because of slight pain I thought it was real early so I wanted to get it checked out. They checked me and said I wasn't dialated but to walk around a little bit. Shocked for them to tell me this 4 weeks early. Anyway they ended up sending me home to get some rest because they said it will be soon. August 29th which was a Sunday so a full day of church was ahead of me. Did have contractions but I figured I would wait them out. I went to night service and just as it was about to end I was having some major pain and not feeling right so I said I'm going to call it in. I was told to get to the hospital to get it checked out. So I had to drag my Hubby out of the food line (we were have a church wide fellowship dinner) and had a church member watch over my other two. I was dialated to 3cm which shocked me to death. They said they would monitor me for a while to see what would happen. Well needless to say I got an epidural at 11:00 pm forcefully. I was determined to have a natural delievery but the doctor said it is in my best interest and the baby's to get the epi. My blood pressure was at strok level so they had to get everything moving whether he wanted to be born or not. When they checked me right before the epi he had moved way up so they said they had to get him moved back down so we could deliever vaginally. They did a sono to make sure he was head down thankfully he was. They got the epi in and I was freakin out because I never had to use drugs or anything before. My hubby slept most of the labor because he said he wasn't any use until I was ready to deliever which totally upset me. I got checked at 7:30a.m. and found out his head was right there so they paged the doctor who was in a meeting they paged him 4 times before he decided to come and once he got there he said oh well I see his head we better hurry and get dressed(gown on). My sweet boy was born at 7:38a.m. and I got to hold him for 5minutes and then I told the nurse that something was wrong with him to please take him and get him checked out. So she gave me a strange look and took him from me then went to the nursery. I told my hubby to follow that way we'd get pictures and answers at the same time. He was breathing way to fast and so he was under an oxygen tank. He wasn't getting any better so he had to get life flight him to another hospital that was an hour away from our home. We stayed at the Ronald McDonald house while our son stayed in the NICU and our other two kids got passed around church members. He got to come home at 6 days old and he's gaining like you wouldn't believe. At birth he was 6lbs 1oz. height 19 1/4inches now he's a healthy 3 month old that weighs around 13lbs.
December 10th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Veteran
Awww.. Congratulations! Sorry they gave you a rough time, but all is well that ends well. Can't wait to see pictures!!
January 29th, 2006, 12:00 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! not sure if i had the chance to tell you before.
September 25th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Regular
wow reading this brings it all back as if it was yesterday!! I am glad even though I left you guys didn't delete this. Thank you

September 26th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see you posting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search