Arianna Faith's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to xo_ariannasmomma
i arrived at the hospital around 5 a.m to start up my induction. it was me and my momma at first. we just filled out some paperwork, and then they started me up on my IV's and monitoring. at 5:25 a.m i had my first internal exam by one of the nurses. i was still 1 cm dilated and unable to feel any type of contractions. they started my pitocin (a very low dose) around 5:30 a.m. the nurse told me she would up it every 20-30 minutes. 5:48a.m i felt my first contraction. they upped my pitocin at 6:18 a.m, then again at 6:51 a.m. my actual OB came in around 8:45 to check and see how i was doing. he ruptured my membranes (aka broke my water) and did another internal with the same results as the last. at 10:03 a.m my pitocin was upped again. 10:08 a.m the nurse did an internal. i was 75% effaced, same dilation, and the baby was at -2 station. the contractions really started picking up, so i tried getting on the birthing ball and breathing through them. (this was around the time that DJ's (the FOB) mother came) i lasted for a good 7 hours untill 1:00 p.m before i decided that i couldnt take it anymore, and decided to cave and get an epidural (which is the BEST decision that i have ever made because i was miserable. and i didn`t feel one single contraction the rest of the day). after the epidural, we basically played the waiting game. when i was checked at 1:45 i was still only 3cm dilated and she still hadn't dropped. the pitocin was upped once again. at 4:10p.m i had another internal monitor put in to measure the intensity of my contractions, i was checked at 4 c.m dilated. at 6:30 p.m i was checked again, and she had made her way down a little bit, but i was still 4-5 cm. i was almost at the biggest dose of pitocin they could give me.

this is when things turned scary. my doctor had talked to the nurses around 7 p.m, and said that if i hadn`t made any progress by 8:30 p.m, that he was going to go ahead with the c-section. well the nurses decide that it was best for me to try and turn onto my left side and give me what is called a "bolus" dose (which is basically a large dose) of pitocin to see if maybe that would do anything. well the next thing i know, i'm laying there and the babies heart monitor starts slowing down. and she is frantically pushing down really rough on my stomach, and moving it around to try and get her heartrate to go back up into a normal range. she also did the same thing internally trying to help the baby's heartrate. (while she was doing this, she was calling in other nurses to give her backup, and saying "come on baby, come on") my doctor was there in a matter of minutes, and a few minutes later they got the babies heartrate back into a stable pattern. apparently the "bolus" dose of pitocin they gave me caused me to have 6-7 contractions in a row and arianna simply couldnt handle it and became hyperstimulated. by that point my doctor said that he was not willing to continue, that they were going to go ahead with the c-section. i was wheeled into the OR around 8:25 p.m, and my mom joined me shortly.

arianna faith arrived into this world looking right up at the doctors (sunny side up! aka posterior) at 8:44 p.m on Wednesday November 9th, 2005 weighing 8 lbs 6 ounces and 20 inches long. my doctor said that they had made the right decision, because she was never coming out naturally. (she never dropped and was posterior) she is absolutely beautiful, and i definitely consider her my miracle baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search