Kyan David

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
hayley76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to hayley76
We checked into the hospital at 9:30 P.M., they hooked me up to the monitors, and to my surprise I was having some really strong contractions. I had felt them, but thought it was just the baby balling up, so didn't think anything of them. They did an internal, and I was still high and closed, so finally at 10:30 they started me on Cytotec to soften my cervix. Now mind you, silly me thought that I would sleep through the night, store up some energy for the big day.....HA! I didn't know that the Cytotec makes you have some pretty strong contractions, so once that hit, and added to the contractions I was already having....WOWIE. My water broke around 3 A.M., but an hour later, still no progress with dilation. So Pitocin was started at 5:30 A.M., and let me tell you......It was hell from there on out! My contractions were coming every 15-20 seconds, lasting for 45 seconds, so I had no time to recover in between. Finally my Dr. came in and said we could start an epidural, OH HAPPY DAY! Once I got that, things moved rather quickly. By 9:00 I was dilated to 5 cm., and I told DH to go take a break and get some coffee. The next hour is really a blur. I was feeling great from the epi, and happy over my progress, when all of a sudden, my nurse, and 3 others came running into the room and told me to turn onto my side, that the baby's heartbeat was dropping. After changing my position several times, he was still in distress, so they gave me a shot of ephedrin, which in turn caused his heartrate to skyrocket. They paged my Dr., and when he came in and looked at the tape from the monitor, he told everyone to get ready for a stat C-Section. I of course burst into tears, I had no idea what was going on because no one would tell me anything. They got me ready to go in about 5 minutes, we were in the OR in 10. I didn't feel a thing, just lots of pressure and pulling. DH was by my side, and at 10:27 A.M. I heard the sweetest music, my baby's first cry!! The brought him over for me to kiss and then whisked him away to the nursery. The hardest part of it all was being separated from him for almost 2 hours while in recovery! But hubby got to go with him to the nursery, and he was well worth the wait! Kyan David was 7 pounds, 9 ounces and 19 inches long. I still can't believe he's ours, and am loving every single minute of being his Mommy!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search