Ethan's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2006, 06:35 PM
michelle105's Avatar Member
I see that girls are still posting their stories so I thought I would share mine.
I was due on October 21st (never went past a due date before). At my appointment on the Tuesday before my doctor told me that he was going to be leaving on Saturday (22nd) to go camping in the bush somewhere. Great!!!!!!. But he said that if I went into labour say Friday night, early Saturday morning around 7:30 to get the girls at the hospital to call him.
I had been watching ballroom bootcamp on Friday (my DD) and woke up Saturday morning dreaming that I was ice skating to the Jive just as they were on the show. Little did I know that I was in labour and it was baby doin the Jive..............lol
Low and behold I wake up at exactly 7:30 with a pretty bad cramp. I'm laying in bed wondering if it's really labour and call hubby to tell him at work to stay close to the phone. I then called my best friend who was getting married that day 3 hrs away to wish him a happy wedding day and tell him I'm havin a baby today. As I'm on the phone with him my water breaks. I have never had my water break by itself so it was kind of weird. As I got up to go to the bathroom it's leaking out more. I had called my parents somewhere in there too to let them know.
So I called hubby again and told him to come get me....................we're going to be new parent's again
We got to the hospital around 8:40 and I'm hardly feeling my contractions but they were irregular on the monitor. The girls called my doctor but he was already an hour away. He had told me to call him anyway and if he was close he would have come back to deliver me, but he was too far.
So they had to call the doctor covering him but that was okay. He was great.
Anyway, I was 3cm's and had indeed ruptured my membranes so I was settling in for the day. My parent's and little sister (13, who stayed for the delivery), inlaws and my older sister were all there, along with our two other kids.
So we went to the back and got comfy for the delivery. The doctor thought I would go quickly because I wasn't even in the hospital for 3 hrs for my last delivery. He refused to give me an epidural because he didn't feel comfortable with it. He is an older doctor. Thank God he didn't give me one because I got stuck at 7cm's for the longest time and had to get out of bed to rock back and forth with hubby. On the third contraction I had to push but they wouldn't let me because they didn't want me to deliver on the floor...........lol
When they got me back into bed I was fully dilated and ready to go.
I hardly gained any weight with this pregnancy and the baby was still sitting so high up in my belly that when I tried to bear down I couldn't get a deep breath to do it. I started freaking out because I couldn't breath. Onto my hands and knees I go. OMG.............I have never wanted to deliver in this position. I'm a nurse at this hospital and work with these girls so it was a little less than appealing for me, but I just wanted to meet my baby so I didn't care. As I'm pushing him down they tell me I'm going to run out of room when he starts to come out so back onto my back I go. I was so not impressed. I have never had to move around so much in a delivery before and it really sucked. I started pushing at 2pm and at 2:07 Ethan Noah Michael was a member of this world. His shoulders got stuck and it was a mad frantic for a minute but he came out fine. It took him a few seconds to breath and he had to be juggled around but when he let it go, boy did he let it go. I call him my little alien baby because he was sooooooooooooo white and his eyes were so red. I figure because he came down so fast when he finally decided to come out.
While I held him for the first time I noticed his little cleft lip but was already in love.
Sorry it's sooooooo long.
Thank you to any of you who have made it to the end............lol

</center>
Michelle
February 4th, 2006, 08:24 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!
February 27th, 2006, 11:34 AM
baccalynnwv's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was a wonderful story. Humorus and exciting all in one! Congrats on a beautiful baby boy!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search