I remember...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2009, 12:15 AM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
What are some things about our playroom that just stick out in your head finish the sentence

I remember...

feel free to name as many as you want

December 10th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not a happy one, so I'll get it out of the way first, but I remember crying over all the miscarriages, and some of the losses of dear friends and family members that you strong women have had to endure.

I remember random photos like Mason in his Pablo costume, and Madeleine and her big eyes and funny baby faces, etc, etc...

I remember the post war madness and late night chatting.

I've got to run out now to an appt but I'll add to this later on.

December 10th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I remember Maddie's birth announcement pumpkin.

I remember being so late and everyone having their babies and me crying because I was the last one! (Pathetic, huh?)

I remember how excited we all were when one of our babies did something for the first time.

I remember the posts where we would compare birthday and christmas pictures of our kids (we should do that again!)

I remember how much love and support we always gave (and still give) to each other all of the time, you guys are awesome.

December 10th, 2009, 07:57 AM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to writinghoosier Send a message via Yahoo to writinghoosier
I remember all of our chats eventually turning to food when we were pregnant.

I remember way back when Kelly and I were co-hosts.

I remember having a couple of threads shut down, but not as many as other boards.

I remember when Trina first started crashing our board.

I remember when Cooper and Ryder were born and being so glad I didn't have premie issues... and then having a premie a few weeks later.

I remember how scared many of us first timers got and how calm the been there, done that, moms were.

I remember belly pics.

I remember the moms that weren't able to stay with us through the full 9 months.

I remember the awesome support that I found here and I'm so glad that four years later, though I'm not on nearly as much, I know this is a safe place for me to land.

Thanks for the link, ~Cupcake~!
December 10th, 2009, 09:43 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
I remember the photo contests.

I remember each of the subsequent siblings being born and how excited I got (and still get) when one of us is pregnant.

I remember Elle being 2 years old and Haley being only 3! How the heck is she gonna be 8 in two months, Mel? I remember all the older siblings.

I remember the post wars hilarity.

I remember queen of the week.

I remember slowly putting faces to names and no one wanting to change from a DDC to a PR.

I remember being worried that everyone would leave once we had our babies.

I feel like I've known you girls forever. And I know that I've shared things with you that I haven't even told my friends here. This is home for me. And I'm very thankful for it.

December 10th, 2009, 12:09 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember feeling old as it was my 4th time and most peoples first!!

I remember almost everybody saying they were going to have a completely natural childbirth and thinking to myself.....omg you have no idea what you are in for!

I remember all the support and prayers I received when the babies were born early, and thru all of coopers issues since then!!

I remember how excited I was, and continue to be, everytime our JM family grows!!

I remember each year looking back and saying...."i cant believe its been 1 year since I joined!" Or 2! Or 3! Or 4! Or soon to be 5!!!

I remember being amazed that I could bond so much with people I have never met!!

December 10th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I also remember being amazed that I actually became so addicted to this PR. JM was the first message board I'd ever been on ( and the only one since that I've stuck with) so it was really wierd for me to actually make online friends.

I remember QOTW too, and the Prince/Princesses of the week, they were so much fun!

I remember almost all of the vids that people have posted. I care so much about all the kiddos here and to get to see them "live" made me so happy every single time. I'd watch them over and over.

I remember checking JM non-stop anytime we were waiting for an update when a new sibling was being born.

I remember being SO jealous anytime any of you guys got to meet up together.

I remember tons of times the kids would do something new/funny/special and I just couldn't wait to share it with you girls.

I remember all the gift exchanges, it was always SO neat seeing pics of one of the kids opening something you sent for them.

December 10th, 2009, 05:59 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
...All the support you girls gave me when Julia was having issues in infancy, being diagnosed with Netherton's, and everything there after concerning it. Such an incredible source of support.

...Gift exchanges! DD still places with the Hungry Hungry Hippo's game that Crystal sent!

...Belly pix. This board was probably the only reason I remembered to consistently take them lol

...I remember very vividly posting the day that I came home from the hospital with Jules after her being in the NICU, her cradled in my arms, in California

So much more, but I've been job searching all day on the comp. and my eyes are going to bleed out of my head. I can't believe we've all stuck together for 4 years - I know I'm not around all that much, but I don't want this board to ever go away!
December 10th, 2009, 06:12 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember...

HOBBY LOBBY

Chatting late nights for posting contests

Not knowing what the heck I was doing at first. This was the first message board I had ever been to. I don't think I even introduced myself I just started posting

Picture contests...I know I wouldn't have nearly as many cute pics of spencer if I hadn't participated in them.

Picture progression threads (newborn, 3,6,9month)

It's been amazing watching all these babies grow up into beautiful smart children. And you ladies are some of my best friends!!! I you girls!!!

December 11th, 2009, 01:01 AM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
I remember...

Maddie having the same underwear as me (why is that my first memory?)

Crystal babydancing during our post war

the picture contests and how excited I was when I got a blinkie for winning

Jamie posting about twilight for the first time lol

the posting contest we had over 2 years ago that finally made me feel at home here

a few of you checking on me when we moved from Hawaii to Oregon I didn't think anyone would even notice I was gone

Seeing Courtney on here and recognizing her from an army board we went to

how when someone went missing we would all worry together if something was wrong

meeting Maddie and feeling like we had been friends forever

I feel so comfortable here I know I haven't met most of you but I feel like we are family and consider you ladies true friends. I'm so glad we have our little playroom and can't believe we all have 4 year olds!

I thought of so many last night when I made this thread and now I can't remember all of them

December 11th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Aww, I'm getting weepy here! lol
This thread will have to go up in the memories subforum later on.

December 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Seriously!!!!!!

I remember people coming from different boards to see if Mason had finallyyyyy been born yet

I remember taking pics of my house to post when the babies were just a few months old.

I remember when the babies starting taking their first steps.

I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Claire.. and no one said anything rude or mean.. everyone was SO supportive and I am so thankful for that. (I can't believe how long ago that was!! seems like yesterday)

I remember meeting Angela when our boys were so tiny. I remember going out to eat.. and Isaac started choking on broccoli lol.

I remember meeting up with Trina.. and going to the zoo with the Nov 05 gals.. they were so nice and accepting even though I didn't know most of them.

I remember meeting Casey.. I just fell in love with her family. The museum was a blast and we just had FUN. I think I had to pee with the door open LOL

And meeting Lisa and her family. We did feel like we had always known each other IRL. I was so nervous to meet her, but we just clicked. I still, to this day, haven't met ANYONE with the same sense of humor as Maggie and me besides Lisa. My heart literally aches for Oregon.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

December 11th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I remember....

being so nervous before meeting Aimee for the first time and then feeling like we had known each other a lifetime! Then feeling the same way when I met Crystal, and Lisa. Everyone has truely been as nice in real life as they are online. Gah I feel like I'm forgetting someone again

I remember trying to meet up with Casey and our phones messing up and us both at the zoo and not ever finding the other one I was sooo sad about that! I really wanted to meet those beautiful girls!

Calling Aimee to have her report I was in labor then finding out she went into labor a couple hours later. Then hearing that Jack and Claire were born on the same day as well.

The first thing I would do in the morning is boot up the computer so I could see if anyone else had had their babies overnight while we were all asleep.

The tremendous support each and every one of us have made towards the others in the playroom. Anytime anyone needed moral support there was always a few people around to let them know everything was going to be ok.

December 14th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
OMG how could I forget to mention Sherrie?! She was SO nice and the kids just clicked. Mason and Skya were sooo darn adorable together. I still have the gifts you gave us!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

January 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM
tattooedjess's Avatar Evie & Anna's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tattooedjess Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedjess
I remember coming here after having it out with someone on another board and knowing the first day that I had found the place I was meant to be.

I remember being so excited about our babies being born and jealous of the ones that were having theirs first. LOL

I too would sign on first thing and check the boards last thing before I went to bed... and several times in the day to see about babies being born, learning new things, reaching milestones.

I remember meeting Kimberly and her children when they were visiting Nashville. It was such a good time and I still kick myself for missing out on meeting Jenni.

I remember FINALLY picking up Twilight after you have all talked about it for so long and not being able to put it down.

I have missed my sisters, even though we see each other on FB, its not the same.

x8
February 8th, 2010, 06:35 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT

Wow cant believe how long it has now been...Feb 11th is my anniversary here

I remember belly pics, and laughs....and talking about food constantly lol

I remember chats and chat threads and gift exchanges....haha I remember most because I got shafted continuously LOL I remember Maddie making up for it by sending us an awesome Easter exchange pressie! xo

I remember how excited, scared, nervous we were

I remember talking about baby names

February 27th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember feeling so lonely when I moved to Texas and you girls helped me through that. Plus all the positive words during my breakup with Lauren's dad. I still have the email Maddie sent and I read it from time to time.

I remember meeting Kara for the first time and eventually meeting Kimberly. We just clicked! I love those girls.

I remember all the gift exchanges, being QOTW, Twilight madness, all the little arguments and debates....lol!

I remember posting the first time I met Doug and the support you guys gave me.

Gosh...there's just so much.

February 28th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I remember OBear getting lost again and again!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search