Cohen's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never shared my birth story here, because I joined the site when Cohen was about 3months old, so I copied and pasted this from the other msg board I frequent.

hi everyone!
I have so much to say, I will prolly forget alot of the things I wanted to tell you all. Well everything went well, and I have my little boy *huge smiles* BUT alot of things really sucked about the whole experience. I showed up at 9 like they asked me too, but there was like this huge rush of pregnant women delivering and they couldnt give me a room cause there werent any available, so they just stuck me in this little room next to the room where you go when you get monitored. I sat in there for 2 hours, ignored! Finally a nurse came, got me prepped, and then put in the catherter. While putting idione on she hurt me so I totally tightened, and this made the catheter going in very painful, ouch, I was not a happy person at all. Finally they took me to the operating room where they tried to put the epidural thing in. The woman putting it in wouldnt speak english to me, I didnt understand how she was telling me to bend, and she had to try like 4 times before she got it in right. Then they started the operation pretty much immediatley. It was so surreal knowing they were chopping me open and taking my baby out and I was just laying there, tied down. Then I heard the baby cry and I got all teary eyed, and then I got to see him shortly after, I was looking at him everywhere so impressed to see a normal real baby. Lol I guess I was worried about abnormalities or something, but he was all there. Then they took him away... and I went to a recovery room, and I finally got to have him with me somwhere later in the day, around 5:00 maybe. The crappy thing was there were STILL no rooms available so I had to spend my first night in the recovery room with another woman who was in the ealry stages of labour! It was aweful, there was no room at all. I was in a tremendous amount of pain and highly drugged. I hated the whole c-section experience and said a few times that I wouldnt have any other children lol. Oh because I forgot to mention, during the operation they found out that I do indeed have a bicornuate uterus, but on top of that its a septated bicornuate uterus! so the doc said its pretty much impossible for me to ever not have a breech baby, so all babies I have will prolly be c-section. Anyway, this is getting long lol. I finally got a room on thursday afternoon around 2:30 and you wouldnt believe how happy I was.

The breastfeeding is going really well so far, he is latching pretty good, milk started coming in yesterday, my boobs are pretty engorged and hard right now. I'm completely exhausted, but am so happy and love him so much already. I wanted to upload my pics from my digital cam but my bf took my cam to his grandfathers place and forgot it there so I will see if my sis emailed me any of the ones she took and try to poste them a bit later on after my little Cohen's next feeding Yeah we pretty much think its going to be Cohen, thats what we have been calling him anyway, but its not final till we send out the papers to the government. Anyway, looking back at the whole c-section thing, it was horribly painful and totally crappy, and I personally would have loved a natural attempt, but now that its over I kinda look back and its just a drugged haze, so who knows, I may just try it again one day talk to you all again soon!
-Tanya

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

May 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Isn't it funny to see things like that. It's almost like it was years ago. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at your hospital. I think the catheter scared me more than anything else. My nurse had to try twice too.

May 29th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Veteran
My C-section was after 3 days and at that point I just wanted him out. But interesting how it goes when you know it is going to happen. Being that my next will be again C-section I appreciate you sharing your story. So glad Cohen is in the world!
May 29th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
That is so weird to me that they put in your catheter before you were numb owwie!!

Even though you had a rough time, it was still a really sweet story

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search