Amber Marie's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
My boyfriend and I weren't really planning on having a baby, but one day I noticed that I was feeling really nauseous. We got 2 home pregnancy tests, and both came out positive. Just to make sure, we went to the doctor, too, and sure enough, the test there was positive too. Because my boyfriend comes from a family of 3 boys, and his dad comes from a family of 3 boys, everyone (other than my boyfriend and mom)thought I was going to have a little boy. On November 27th, 2005, at around 3:30am, I began having contractions. We called the hospital, and they told me to sit in the bath for about an hour. I did that, and the contractions were coming closer together, so I phoned back. They told us to come in. After a few hours of being in the hospital, they gave me 2 shots of pain reliever to make the contractions more bearable, and told me to go walk around for a while. I did, and ended up getting sick in the hospital lobby. A couple hours after that, I hadn't progressed at all, so they ended up sending me home, 3 cm dilated. Me and my boyfriend ended up going to my mom's house, who had been at the hospital that whole time with us for the night. During the night, my contractions got worse, closer together, and more intense. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was feeling lots and lots of pressure. Around 9am we ended up going back to the hospital. My contractions were pretty severe, and I had to wait toooo long to have to register at the hospital. During the registration, they asked me if my water had broke yet. I said no. As soon as I stood up to go upstairs, my water broke. So the nurse ran and got me a wheelchair and we went upstairs. The doctor measured me and told me I was 7 cm dilated! I got an epidural, and at 4:16pm, our beautiful baby girl was born! My mom and boyfriend were both at my side the entire time.
September 25th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG! I can't believe they sent you home when you were 3 cm!! That's crazy! What a great story, at least it went quickly when you went back to the hospital the next morning. It must have been nice to hear you were already at 7 by that time!

And you surprised almost everyone and had a girl!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search