Lucius Auralius Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Veteran
Monday, November 14th 2005, I was feeling a little tired but very hungry. I went and got something to eat and went into my bedroom to lay down. at about 7:15pm, I started cramping. i decided to lay on my left side and drink some water. all of the sudden i felt like i was peeing in my bed so i jumped up. i turned around and saw a big spot of blood on my bed. i fell on all fours in my room and grabed the phone. everytime i moved i felt another big gush of blood come out. I called my doctor and told her i was bleeding but i dont think she relized how bad it was (i know i didnt) because she just told me that she thinks i should come in. I started screaming for my roommate jared who was in the livingroom across the house. he didnt hear me. I had to get up. I grabed a towel and walked to the diningroom and fell on the table, looked at jared and screamed to him to giveme a #%*$ cigarette (remember i didnt think it was that bad. i just thought i was in labour). he got up and came outside where i was siting in a chair with what he said was blood driping to the floor. i said i had to lay down and fell to the floor in a fetal position. jared then called my other roommate michelle to see where she was and to come get me. he called my other two roommates jamie and anthony at work to tell them to get home. jared started running around the house grabing towels while i was on the floor. i was driping in sweat but when i ask jared he told me that it was 60 out. michelle shows up and jared helped me to the car. i looked back as we were walking and saw a HUGE blood clot on the floor that was bright red. as soon as i sat in the car michelle grabed my hand and told me everything was going to be okay. i looked at her and said " i cant see". she said thats it was wont make it even to plant city hospital let alone brandon. we are going to this fire station. we stoped and i heard her honk the horn.......she got out and the the next thing i hear is "she is hemerging." then i hear about 5 men right outside the car...they tryed sticking me 4 times to get an IV before they got it (my veins colapsed). i hear my blood pressure was 60/40 at first then 40/20. and my pulse ox was 88. after they got the IV in me i could see again. i was amazling awake.....they debated on flying me but decided to go lights and sirens to Brandon Regional Hospital. Michelle, Anthony and Jared followed behind. Jamie got his mums car. We got there in about 5 minutes. Jamie was there already and everyone else was close behind. They took me to Antipartium. and the Doctor came in. She saw that I was covered in blood and the bed was covered too. she ran over to try to find a heartbeat but couldnt find one so she runs out yelling we are going to OR. I got wheeled over to the OR and all i could say was "you are knocking me out right?" they shoved an antiacid (which was NASTY) down my stomache, put something in my vein that burned to all hell and put the gas on me. they told me i would be asleep soon. well, i was. All i know is that I woke up back in Antipartium with a morphine drip and hooked up to a lot of machines watching CSI miami. how did they know i wanted to watch that. The whole time from arrival to hospital to birth of my son was 8:40- 8:58pm. I asked about the baby and they said that he is fine. he came into the whole blue but screaming. They let only jamie come up to see me and i could see my baby until the next afternoon. I am very lucky......Both Lucius and I couldve died but we didnt. He just has a little lung issue and I just have staples all over me and i am anemic. Here is the stats:

Lucius Auralius Barker
11-14-05 8:58pm
4lbs 15oz
18inches long
Apgar scores were 3 and then 8

it turns out I had a complete Placenta Abruption. Look it up everyone because to be honest with you all if i knew about it, i would have done a lot of things differently. They dont know the cause of it....it is a freak of nature and there is no way to stop it. it happens 1 in every 80 pregnancies.

July 18th, 2006, 11:57 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow...I'm glad you both are okay. I had placent previa with my second baby and I was on bedrest for the majority of my pregnancy. The first few times I bleed, I was terrified. I can't imagine hemoraging like that. Your little man is adorable!

July 20th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Veteran
thanks....yeah i had placenta preva at first but it fixed itself.

July 29th, 2006, 12:47 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I would have been terrified. You said Lucius weighed 4 lbs 15 oz...when was he actually due? I can not even imagine a 4 lb baby. He is gorgeous!

August 29th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Wow, I would have been terrified. You said Lucius weighed 4 lbs 15 oz...when was he actually due? I can not even imagine a 4 lb baby. He is gorgeous![/b]

he was actually due December 30th and if he was to term he would have been 10lbs 12oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search