Kaelin's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2006, 09:13 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to the hospital to get induced at about 4 or so. I was 9 days overdue. I was supposed to get cervidal which takes a while, up to 12 hours and can be administered twice, so I thought I would be there for a while. My midwife came in and checke me at 5 and was going to do the cervidal but I told her I thought I was having contractions they weren't bad but were regular about ever 12 minutes. She checked me and I was 2 cm dilated. So she asked if I wanted to have my water broken. She just put a small hole in my bag and let it come out slowly because the baby was still a bit high. There was sooooo much water they had to change the sheets twice. It just came coming I swear there was gallons of it.
I started having contractions immediaty and my firend Shari and i walked around labor and delivery a few times while my husband took a shower. He had come straight fomr work.In less than an hour I was really starting to feel them and got in the tub. I am telling you the tub has got to be better than any epidural there is. I stayed in that thing till I had to push. I wish I could have stayed in there the whole time but they say it is to small for water births. only the last ten mins or so were unbearable. I did have some problems with hyperventalating and was getting pins and needles in my enitre body and even started to see white spots a couple of times. It helped take the focus of the eushes though because I was working s hard on breasthing correctly soI wouldn't pass out. At about this time my midwife asked if she could check me and iwas 8 cm dilated. She askled if Iwanted to get out and I said not yet. Iguess my body started pushing on its own with the last couple of contractioins in the tub. It was really hard to get out of the tub and walk over to the bed. I had a contraction just as I was about to climb on the bed and I felt the baby drop and her head crown. Getting into the bed with her head crowning was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Everyone was asking me a million questions, Eric was asking how he could help me into hte bed, Louise (,my midwife) was asking me if I wanted to deliver like that. Shari was trying to find chux pads but she didn't know what chux pads were and I just wanted everyone to shut up (lol) so I could figure out how to get into that bed. I still couldn't tell you how I did it. I know I couldn't push for the next contraction though becuase I had used every once of energy to get into the bed. lol. The next contraction hurt like hell but it was more her coming out that hurt then the actual contraction and for the next one I pushed and she came right out.

She weighed 7lbs 9 ozs and was 21 inches long. No stitches.
September 13th, 2006, 01:05 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ooo the water must have been so relaxing...i love baths i wanna have labor in a tub!! u had her at ur regular hospital??? i had a midwife thru my entire pregnancy and then when i delvered i found out the hospital didnt allow midwifes...so her husband the obgyn in the same pratice delevered kyleigh

stephanie

September 13th, 2006, 07:51 PM
they have a midiwfe on staff and don't let her deliver?? IS she a CNM? that is so strange.
I saw Louise (midiwfe) through my entire pregnanycy with Aidan and she delivered him. She delivers all her clients and has only missed a handful of births. She stays with you from the minute you are in active labour till after you deliver unless she has another momma their.
With Kaelin I moved to NH at 20 weeks and starting seeing another group of midiwfes who run an independent birth center and do homebirths. I was going to have a homebirth but my husband and I split up for a bit and I moved back to MA. I was like 35 weeks pregnant or so. So louise caught Kaelin.
I f you need help finding a good midwfie with this babe I would be glad to help you just shoot me a pm.
September 14th, 2006, 11:46 AM
its strange...its a private practice, the husband is an obgyn and his wife is a CNM, but they deliver at 2 hospitals, one is gross and i would NEVER go there even tho its like 5mins away, the other is nice but dont allow midwifes to deliver, so the ob does that and she does all the office appts....i would love to find a midwife, i cant go to the drs until im 12wks, bc thats when craigs new insurance kicks in...im all for the epi...midwifes will let u have that right lol, i would be willing to try other things to help but if its unbearable im getting the drugs lol

stephanie

September 14th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I guess it depends. My midwife in MA didn't offer an Epi and of course the independent birth center didn't and if you opted for a homebirth definatly not. lol
September 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM
lol i HATE finding drs....did u have all of ur kids naturally???(no epi??)

stephanie

September 14th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I did.
With Brandon they gave me Stadol.
Jm just started a ntural childbirth board I'm host you should come on over. You might change your mind.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search