Trey's arrival!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
thekepp's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was due on Thursday, November 17 and my last day of work was Friday, November 18. Mark and I went out to dinner at our favorite bar/restaurant and we're friends with the owner and she said order the club sandwich and your water will break because that's what happened to her. Well I ordered the club sandwich and the next morning on Saturday the 19th I woke up at 5:00 am and felt a little trickle of water. I thought I peed the bed so I got up and went to the bathroom and then crawled back in bed and it happened again so I got up and went downstairs because I wasn't sure if my water broke or not and I didn't want to wake up Mark with a false alarm. Well after 2 hours and many pads I woke him up and told him I *think* my water broke. I started having contractions but they were so far apart but uncomfortable. I finally called the doctor at 10:00 am and she told me to come and get checked but if I wasn't dialated they would send me home. We arrived at the hospital at 11:00 ~ I had to eat first because someone said they won't feed you until after delivery (which is so true by the way and I was starving after not eating for 48 hours!)

They examined me and said I was dialated to 1cm so they admitted me. We had a beautiful room overlooking the river and we watched the Thanksgiving parade from the hospital. They told me to walk around and to use the jacuzzi tub if I wanted. Well the contractions were coming harder and faster and I was really uncomfortable so I asked for an epidural around 3:00 pm. I felt absolutely nothing which kind of freaked me out some because I was so numb! The doctor kept coming in and checking but I wasn't dialating at all. They gave me drugs to induce my labor but nothing was happening. They got a bed for Mark and we dozed on and off throughout the night. By midnight I was only dialated to 5cm! By 3:00 am on Sunday I was at 9cm and they wanted me to start pushing so I pushed for 3 hours and got nowhere! My OB office had a midwife on call and that's who I had all night! I had a wonderful nurse who stayed by my bedside all night long. Finally at 6:00 am on Sunday my favorite doctor from the OB group came in and checked me and said I was going to have to have a c-section because I couldn't dialate past 9cm. At this point after being in labor for 25 hours I said do what you have to do. I was very nervous because I have never been in the hospital for anything and I knew this was a major surgery but so well worth it!

At 7:30 am on Sunday, November 20, 2005, Trey William was born and he had a head full of dark black hair and was the cutest baby I've ever seen. I couldn't hold him right away but Mark brought him over to me after they were done weighing him and we both cried and it was by far the best day of my life! I never thought I could love someone so much in a matter of seconds!

September 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww Keri!! That sucks that you were in labor so long and they ended up giving you a C-section. Would have been nice to know before hand so you didn't have to go through all the labor pains. Hehe! How funny that you ordered that sandwhich and your water broke!!! Mine never broke on my own. I always had to be "popped" Isn't the feeling amazing? When you first stare into your little baby's eyes?

September 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I kept telling Mark that I didn't want to go into labor on the weekend and I didn't want the midwife to be on call and guess what? I had the midwife and went into the hospital on Saturday I just wish I didn't have to push for so long and the csection was done earlier. I was also numb from the epideral from 3:00 pm Saturday until it wore off at 11:00 am Sunday. I was so numb I couldn't move anything from the waist down and it was horrible!

The nurse who stayed with me was my best friend through junior highs sister. Small world!

September 25th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Omg. Your birth story made me cry. I can't believe you pushed for 3 hours...and got no where. I know what you mean about being so numb (not that I am complaining) my doctor had to lift me up and put me on my side b/c I just couldn't move myself.

Thanks for sharing Trey's arrival!

Did you know you were having a boy??
September 26th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Marcie ~ I knew I was having a boy, I found out at my 20 week Ultrasound.

I couldn't move to my side either and laying on my back for 15 hours not being able to move myself sucked!

March 14th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Molly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Molly
Holy cow! What a labor! But all worth it, huh? Your room sounds like a hotel room! At least that part was nice...

Funny that Trey was born with all that black hair - he's lightened up a bit, huh?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search