New Member - Year old birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tanja
Hi all, i just read a post asking for new member - old birth stories. I will make this quick as I have two rugrats trying to reach up and type lol. Brohm and Brookmere were scheduled to be born October 25th, 2005. The Dr. recomended that I have a c-section stating that I was very small and these were my first. He said the odds of them both coming vaginally were very low. He said that an emergency c-section could be ugly and put the babies in stress. Not to mention that Brookmere was breech ( she did turn once at about 30 weeks, but then went right back up again). So I went from 98 pounds to a whopping 178 - most of which was water. The Dr.'s and nurses that saw my legs said they had never in their lives seen so much swelling. It was painful to touch so the Dr. did test after test to find out why it was happening, I had better then excellent bood pressure and was in great health. So, we waited. He then came to the conclusion that we would have the c-section Oct. 10, 2005. So my last appt before that he looked at my legs and the fact that the girls were quickly running out of room, sent me for U/S to check weights etc. The girls were big and healthy so he scheduled me for the following Monday morning at 10:00am, Oct. 3, 2005. Nathan, my mom and I went to the hospital got in my private room, waited a few hours while they did all the prep. They had Nate get dressed, because it was twins , only one person could be in the delivery room with me. Nathan was scared to death - he hated hospitals etc. but wanted to be there, so he came with me and my mom waited right outside the OR. They gave me my spinal and apparenttly it was too much for my size because I started to get seriously ill, and the anist. gave me something to counteract the nausea, well that just made me completely out of it. So as for the birth of my babies, I don't remmebr alot other than Nate saying - they are out, they are beautiful and I asked him if their noses were ok, because in the 3D u/s that I had their noses look deformed. I will attach pic. He laughed and cried and said they are perfect. Then they took me away to recovery. As I was in recovery I overheard a nurse phone upstairs and asjk what they gave me - her words "um, tanja cant talk - she can hardly blink, what exactly did you give her"
So I rememebr my mom coming and telling me how proud she was and that the babies were perfect and that Nate was crying . 4 hours later I got to go up and meet one of my girls, Nate had Brookmere since the second they handed her over. Brohm had to stay in the nursery because she had water on her lungs, so my mom stayed in there with her. We got her back at around 6 that night. Their birth time were - Brohm -10:14 weighing in at 6.2 and Brookmere was 10:15 am weighing in at 5.4. Ive got to run babies really want me to play so I will attach my only belly pic - (the night before c-section) and a couple from 3d and from Nate first night in hospital. Thanks for reading!

November 2nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
Veteran
What a beautiful story! It's good to meet your babies!

Thanks for sharing!

November 3rd, 2006, 06:58 AM
StaeheliGrl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your birth story! You didn't look big at all for having two babies in there!

November 3rd, 2006, 07:23 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Thank you for sharing with us

November 10th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Veteran
Thanks for sharing!! I LOVE birth stories, so sweet. I am so jealous that you had twins!! I want them so bad(maybe I'm crazy, LOL).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search