New Member Alex's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Sazzle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sazzle
My due date was Oct 16th. On Oct 17, a Monday it was a full moon. I have heard that the full moon can bring on labor for a lot of people. So here I was praying to God AND the moon that something would happen. We had a friend over watching Monday night football. At about 9:00 pm I was sitting on the couch and felt a rush. I seriously thought I peed my pants. I didn't say anything to anyone. I went and changed my pants and put a pad on. I went back out to the living room. I kept feeling drip drip drip. I went and checked and it was pink fluid. That is when I was convinced that my water broke!! I hadn't had a contraction still!!! I told my husband (as he was making himself a cocktail, not to make it!) He had to take me to the hospital, I was pretty sure! I called my dr and he said I could wait at home for a bit, but it would be good to get somewhere sterile, so to go ahead and go to the hospital.

I didn't even have a bag packed! DH and I ran around getting stuff together, dh said he could always come back and get what we forgot. I sat on a towel and off we went. In the car I finally started having contractions. I tried timing them but they were all over the place. 5 min, 2 min 8 min.. and so on. I get to the hospital and get to my room (the didn't really question my water breaking).

We hung out in the room with monitors attached and stuff, oh...for the next 5 or 6 hours. Finally at about 3:30 or 4:30 am I decided I was ready for my epi. My dh left the room because he is chicken. The epi was great!! My dh ended up sleeping in the chair beside me. I however did not sleep.

At about 8 am my dr came in. I still hadn't progressed past 2 cm. So he ordered what he called "just a whiff of pitocin to get things moving." Well, that didn't work. They came in and said that the pitocin was making my baby's heart rate drop, so they stopped it. Then they came in and told me that I could only lay on my right side, that when I was on my left his heart rate would drop. At first I didn't notice this was happening, but once they told me I was very aware of the monitors. His heart rate would drop to like 60 or 70 BPM and then race back up to 180 or so. Everytime I would wiggle or move, he this would happen. I still was only at 5 cm. So I laid as still as I could on my left side for the next 2 hours. FINALLY my dr came in with an OB (my dr was a GP)and said that I wasn't progressing so it was time for a c-section. This was about 16 hours after my water broke, so although I was disappointed, I was ready.

I was wheeled in, and had an emergency c-section. Alexander Dyson was born at 1:21 pm on October 18th. He weighed 7lbs 7 oz and was 21 inches long.

Thank you for letting me share my story. I have never done that before.

November 4th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aw, that's great! My due date was Oct 18th but I had him on Sept. 26th
November 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Veteran
Great story!! I love reading birth stories , brings back great memories

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search