Charlotte's speedy arrival.......

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2006, 02:50 PM
_Rebecca_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Charlotte’s birth story. I was 41 weeks pregnant and did not want to be induced after my first 3 had to be induced. I went to a different doctor with this pregnancy so I was hoping that she would be more understanding about how I wanted to start naturally. I went to the doctors appointment November 14 and she did and internal and I was closed and very posterior. She said that she would have to induce me because the day before the ultrasound estimated Charlotte’s weight at 10lb 1oz. I was so sad I cried all the way home. I decided to do all the things that the Bradley book said helped start labor. I was unsuccessful with any of them. About 5 hours later I was filling the kids sand box up with sand and POP went my water. I was so freaked out. I called Jamison at work and he was so freaked out also. He kept asking are you sure over and over again? I had to call my mom at work so she could watch the kids and she was a good 1-hour away with traffic. At this point it was 445pm and I sat down with a towel wrapped around me and tried to finish watching Oprah to calm down. Jamo was home at 510pm and wanted to get going but the kids were upset so I wanted my mom to get there before we left. She got home at 515pm and was so excited! Jamo got everything together and packed it all in the van and I got in leaking all over everything. I must say that I was surprised about all the liquid involved with breaking of your water. On the way to the hospital I felt this huge urge to push- one I know so well and I started going into transition. It was so painful that I was hitting my dashboard and making my poor husband panic. He kept saying that we are not having a baby in this van it is way to hard to clean up.
We got to the hospital at 550pm and had to wait until 603pm to check in. I started to moan and the admitting lady was nice enough to get me in then. They had me walk back to L&D. I then had to take off my clothes that were soaked and change into a gown. Then they wanted to test to make sure I had really broken my water. They decided that instead they would check to see how dilated I was and I was 8-9cm. HOLY CRAP! I couldn’t believe that my water broke and my first contraction was at 445pm and at 615pm I was 8-9 cm! I said that I could walk to my delivery room but didn’t make it too far before I had to get in a wheelchair. I got into the same room that I delivered two of my other kids room 4202. My doctor was doing her rounds when she saw me get wheeled back. She was very surprised to see me. They got me hooked up and put in an IV so that I could get the antibiotics for my GBS. By then I was fully dilated and my OB said that she would stay and do the delivery. I started pushing at 702pm and was holding the love of my life Charlotte at 715pm . Nine lb 11.5 ounce Charlotte arrived one week late. It was extremely painful but one of the most rewarding moments of my life. I wouldn’t change a thing. Well except the fact that the video camera battery was dead. I was so sad that I missed seeing Charlotte make her entrance. I was so grateful that my doctor stayed and did the delivery. She was not on call but she delivered me anyway. That is so nice! We had to stay three days because I was GBS positive and didn’t get any antibiotics.
January 21st, 2007, 02:24 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo, you finally shared your story! I'm so glad! Now you can print it out and put it in Charlotte's baby book!

I remembered that your L&D was fast, but I didn't know it was that fast! WOW, Rebecca! We were due the same day, had our babies the same day, and both went into labor on our own... But that's where the similarities end! It's incredible how different every birth is... Each one is so special, so miraculous.

That's so cool that your labor started with your water breaking! That's what always happens in the movies, but hardly ever seems to happen in real life! In the movies, the wife wakes up her husband and says, "Honey, it's time!" (And of course she looks beautiful despite the fact that she's in pain and is soaking wet.) I think everyone wants it to be that way, but it rarely is... But your story is pretty darn close!

That's neat that you were in the same room as with two of your other kids! (Which one was in a different room?) I wish I'd paid attention to my room number!

And how nice that your doctor delivered Charlotte! Sounds like a blessing that you went with a different doctor this time. Things worked out beautifully!

Thanks for sharing your story, Rebecca! It makes me even more excited about our TTC#2 journey!

Oh, and btw: Only you would be 41 wks pregnant and filling up a sandbox! SUPERWOMAN!!!

January 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy Gucamole!!! You wanted to start on your own, and boy did you!!!! The doctor was pretty much on the mark about her weight. Mine always guessed off by quite a bit. It was really nice of your OB to stay and deliver her! I love your story!!!

BTW, this is killing me....Did you get the sand all wet when your water broke???

February 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
debdeb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow thats a great birthstory!! Congrats!!

</div>
February 28th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Rebecca! What a fast enterance Charlotte made!! Glad it worked out the way you wanted, besides the video camera.
March 14th, 2007, 02:36 AM
-Shannon-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Anne, you are a superwoman! I am sorry your camera battery was dead! But hey, how awesome to not be induced. I had to be induced with all three of mine!

March 14th, 2007, 09:07 AM
nirvanasmarigold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I didn't realize how fast it was!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search