Log In Sign Up

Joshua's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2005, 10:31 AM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 368
Joshua's long birth story

Joshua Edward made his appearance August 5 2005 at 2:35 a.m.
Thursday I went to see my doctor for my 40 week checkup. I was 2.5 cm dilated and she stretched me to a 3 and stripped some of my membranes. I was beginning to think this baby was never coming!
We decided to go out to lunch to waste some time. I didn't think I would go into labor because I wasn't feeling a thing. No cramping, no spotting, nothing. Around 2 pm I started to get a back ache. I didn't pay too much attention to it because my back had been bothering me for a while. I ordered pizza for dinner and at around 6 pm noticed some definite cramping. I wasn't really keeping too much track of it yet.
At 7 the I was still getting the same pain and was sure it was contractions. So I called my mil and asked if she could come over and watch Kyla so we could go in and check things out. By the time she got there my contractions were 2 to 4 minutes apart. I was getting plenty of bloody show at that point and was in a lot of pain.
We got to the hospital and they hooked me up and monitored me for about a half hour. My contraction slowed down to 7 minutes apart and I was only 3.5 to 4 cm dilated so they had me walk around for 2 hours and they re checked me. I had progressed a little to 4-5 cm and the contractions were coming closer together again..
At this point I asked for an epidural. I was in a lot of pain. Only thing it did was numb my legs. The nurse said to roll on my side and it should work. It took some of the edge off but I could feel everything.
2 hours later they had to give me pitocin because my contractions have slowed down again. So now the pain came back . One more hour after that I was finally 9 cm.
I was thinking this is it. I will be pushing in no time. 2 hours later I was still a 9 so they finally decide to break my water. Not sure why they waited so long. The doctor finally came in to check me and tells me I can start pushing. The first push his head was out. The doctor starts telling me to stop pushing he was not ready. Then I gave one more push and he was out.
mom to Joshua and Kyla and future student nurse

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0