Gavyn & Kendric's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2007, 08:35 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
Gavyn & Kendric were due 10/15/05. I had found out I was expecting identical twin boys at my 16 week ultrasound. Let me just say it was QUITE a shock! I had a 14 month old son at home and at 23 I wasn't quite sure I was ready to be a parent to 3 boys. But I was jumping in head first either way! I had gone into pre-term labor twice...once at 28 weeks and once at 32 weeks. Both times I was hospitalized for a few days, put on mag sulfate and the contractions stopped. On 9/14/05 I started having pain at the site of my previous c-section incision. My OB sent me to labor & delivery for an ultrasound to see if there was any sign of uterine rupture. After a VERY long ultrasound I was sent home. They hadn't seen anything suspicious. The next day I went out to lunch with a friend and our kids. I was technically off bedrest by that point. I had been on bedrest from 24 weeks to 34 weeks. At lunch I started having what felt like stabbing pains under my incision. I called my OB's office and they told me to go to the hospital. I thought they were just checking me as they didn't say exactly what was going on. I had a c-section scheduled for 38 weeks. When we arrived at the hospital the nurse at the desk said, "Are you ready for this?" I just stood there with a really confused look on my face. They took me back to my room and immediately started getting me ready for surgery. I had some paperwork to fill out then they did the IV's, bloodwork and all that fun stuff. I finally got back to the OR around 8:15. By the time the anesthesiologist placed the spinal and everything was ready it was about 8:45. Baby "A" (Gavyn) was born at 9:01 p.m. on 9/15/05. He wasn't crying at first but everything was happening so quickly we didn't realize what was going on. A team of doctors worked on Gavyn while Baby "B" (Kendric) made his entrance one minute later at 9:02 p.m. He was crying up a storm. Gavyn had trouble breathing but with a little help he was soon doing fine and those first cries were music to my ears. Gavyn weighed in at 6 lbs. 3 oz. Kendric was 5 lbs. 2 oz. Not bad for being exactly a month early. DH and the boys went to the nursery while the doctors finished my surgery. I was brought back to my room where I stayed by myself for about 2 hours. Finally they brought Kendric in to me. About an hour later Gavyn joined us. Both boys roomed in with me for the four days we spent in the hospital. We all went home together and no one had any problems.
February 22nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
WOW! I called L&D as well because my BP was high, and they ended up inducing me...I had NO CLUE I was going to have a baby that day! Yours happened so quickly!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
August 10th, 2007, 10:03 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I really had NO idea I was going to deliver that day. I mean, I knew, in the back of my head that it was a possibility seeing as how I was 35w with twins but it is kind of weird going in for something and not knowing you are going to give birth that day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search