Cayden Matthew's Birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to carebearmom24 Send a message via Yahoo to carebearmom24
Hey all i thought id give a brief description of cayden's birth. be prepared to possible cry.

Cayden was not due until september 22 2005 but was born september 1st via emergency c section due to my placentia had erupted. on august 14 i went for a regular check up to my ob and things seemed good and he asked me some questions about my past medical history mind you this is my 4th child. anyways i told him that i just had asthma and before i got pregnant i was diagnosed with depression and post tramatic stress disorder and was prescribed zoloft but quit takin it cause i was pregnant. well he didnt like that so the ob put me back on the zoloft which i was not happy about and on august 25th i started to bleed lightly and have severe cramps but when i called the dr he told me to go get checked so i went to l&d and all he did was check to see how far dialted i was and said the baby wasnt ready and i should be fine. ok so i go home and 2 days later the bleeding was a little worse but not much and still same thing so i was getting fed up at this point so i called a different ob who delivered my first 2 to see if he could be of some help and luckily he agreed to take me even though i was that far along so on august 31st i wnet to his office for my first appt with him and he did a through exam and said he assumed it was an infection but wanted me to go the next day to get an u/s. i go home get something to eat and head to bed. get up at 10:30 to get ready for the u/s and decided to take a quick shower and at that point i had alot of heavy bleeding so my DH called the dr and he said get to the hospital now. so off we go. we get to the hospital about 11:30am and i go back to the room and the do an u/s and said that my placentia had erputed so they had to do a c section now. Cayden was born at 12:49pm weighed 7lbs 1oz 19in. although he was born at that time i did not see him until he was 6 hrs old because he had problems then he was life lighted to west penn hospital of pittsburgh where he recieved further treatment and was then diagnosed with having a lung disease, pneomunia, heart murmur and a hole in his lungs so he spent 13 days there then was transferred to a closer hospital and didnt come home until october 28th. he also had oxygen until he was 7 weeks old. since he came home that day he had 7 hospital stays and was diagnosed with Failure to thrieve at 6mths cause he only weighed 13lbs now he is 23lbs and is diagnosed with kidney failure, hyper active airway disease and seizure disorders he also has a gentic problem which is what i have as well called 32q9 which means we both have 3 chromosomes instead of 2 and that could be a reasoning to some of his problems such as speech delayed ( he dont talk to much maybe 10 words) and his weight problems. well that about does it for his story sorry so long and if anyone would like to see a few pics of cayden from his birth up till present i will be adding them to myspace what i dont already have a slideshow of. if intrested go to www.myspace.com/starrmom24 just hit the add button. [/SIZE][/size]

December 22nd, 2007, 07:42 AM
alb1382's Avatar Veteran
It great that you went ahead and got your previous doctor...Good for you!
Hope he's doing well and he's got a great mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search