Jackson's Birth!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
~Mommy2Jackson~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to ~Mommy2Jackson~ Send a message via AIM to ~Mommy2Jackson~
Well as most of you had known i had been back and forth too the hospital since Monday... well on Wednesday night I went to Walmart and bought the castor oil thing..it was the grossest thing I have ever tried... I got home about 7:15 p.m. and my mother inlaw calls and asks me to bring the Avon order up to her work for her, so by 9:30 nothing was happening not even diarhea so i felt it was ok for me to leave... So i go up their and give her the order and head back home, well at 10:15 i spent 25 mins in the bathroom with you know what... but their was a little blood when i wiped so i called the doc and he told me to just get some rest and things would be fine in the morning... well i called my husband told him i was going to take my sleeping pill and go to sleep... So i head upstairs to change my clothes and as soon as i bend over to take my underwear off, this huge GUSH of water starts pouring out of me, non-stop, i couldnt control it!!! So i called the doc back told him what happened and he told me to go to the hospital. so I drove myself their because DH was at work and it continued to pour out onto the seat and then in the admitting office at the hospital... So they weel me into triage to make sure it was indeed my water that broke and as soon as i stand up to get into a bed, more comes out, the nurse looks at me and says sit right back down we are going to Labor and Delivery... So we get up their and i get all hooked up...

Well i get checked at 1:30 a.m. and im only 3 cm and 75% effaced -2 station...so they come and check me every so often and everything is ok, i dont seem to progress much and then around 10:00 a.m. doc comes in and checks me, im at 4 and still 75% and so he gets my epidural put in for me...after that, the world became a total blur to me... THey started me on pitocin to speed contractions up but by 2:30, i was still only 4.5 cm I had a 102 fever and the little guy was not getting a break in between contractions and his heartbeat plunged a few times... my uterus was hyper-stimulating, so they took me off the pitocin.... Well i started my contractions all on my own after that and by 5 p.m., they chaecked and I was at 8 cm and almost completely effaced.. I still had a high fever, by 6:45 I was ready to push.. Honestly it really didnt hurt to puch, i was just so darn tired and sick to my stomach from my fever... THen at 7:34, i saw tears running down my husband's face, so i knew his head had come out... then his body!!! He weighed 6lbs, 11 oz and was 20 inches long.. They rushed him to his little bed thing though because of my fever and they were afraid he had an infections o DH couldnt cut the cord and I didnt get to hold him for what seemed like forever!! After DH finally got to spend a few mins with him, they took him to NICU to start antibiotics... He did really well, i was able to go in and see him when they had me all cleaned up but i couldnt even hold him i was so tired and my fever was still 101, so i went to sleep.. Well he obviously had no infection because he came home with me last night!!! Boy, was it an interesteing evening.. I got no sleep whatsoever, but he was well worth it!!!

I will post pics later!

www.dropshots.com/buzzboards

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search