Log In Sign Up

rawisner's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 115,670
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Well, here's my story:

As you know I had gone to L&D on Friday thinking that I had a bladder infection. Turned out that I didn't, but I had progressed to 4 cm and was having mild contractions, so they sent me home. After walking around Wal Mart with the kids, I came home and slept for about an hour and the contractions stopped. I continued to spot and pass mucous. Around 5:30 a.m., after not sleeping at all, the contractions were back and I started bleeding, bright red. So I woke Neely up and we headed to L&D. I didn't even call my doctor because I was worried about the blood.

Turns out my doctor was at L&D with another patient, so he checked me and I was 5 cm so they kept me. My contractions were about 8-12 minutes apart. About ten minutes after I got settled in my room, doctor wanted to break my water to see if the contractions would get into a regular pattern. That was around 8:00 a.m. At 9:30, I needed my epidural and was pain free by 10:00, but my contractions pretty much stopped. They hooked me up with some pitocin and I started to contract, but not really regularly, but I still was pain free. At 11:30 I was dilated to 9 cm and fully dilated by 12:15. I started pushing then and he was born at 12:40 p.m., weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs, 1 ounce. He's 21 inches long and cute as a button!

I'm doing really well, not really in a great deal of pain. I did have to have an episiotomy, but only required 2 stitches.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0