Log In Sign Up

Kaylas birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,190
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
sorry this is so late...

around 11am on the 28th of August i had a bath because i had a slight pain in my stomach... as i was getting out i felt a little bit of water come down my leg and just presumed i had peed slightly.... and thought nothing else of it...
i was watching my husband and my father-in-law play the PS2 and i felt another tiny bit of water in my panties... so i went to the bathroom and cleaned up and told my husband and FIL that i had a bit of fluid... (i was still in denial)... so my FIL tells me to wait and see if it happened again... and sure enough as i was putting Tahnee down for a nap a bit more came out... so i called L & D and the lady told me i probably just peed myself but to come in if i wanted to be checked out... so thats what my husband made me do... go in.. and on the way there we were joking around about how i would be home again that night....
when i got to L & D they told me to change into a gown so at about 3.30pm i came out of the bathroom and went to sit on the bed and a fair bit of fluid came out.... so just so that my hubby would believe me i showed him the puddle on the bed... and oops.. he started to freak out.... he went and got a nurse who came in and said that it must be my water to have that much fluid... so in came the doc to do an internal and i was 3cm but as she removed her fingers a whole lot more fluid came out and Tim once again started freaking.... he was saying things like "but i have to go to work in 3 hours" and "whos going to watch Tahnee?"
by 4.50pm there was still no contractions so they started an IV with pictocin and around 7pm i had my first contraction.... (Tim had gone home to eat dinner and buy the essentials for the baby).. so i called him and told him that i had started to contract and he came in and stayed for half an hour and then went home thinking it would be a really long time before anything happened.... by 9pm i was 5cm dialated but in so much pain that i asked for an epidural... and oh my i love the lady that made that pain go away...
Tim came in at about 10pm and sat down for 5 mins and then said he was going outside for a minute... while he was gone i had a huge amount of pressure on my butt so i called in the nurse and she checked my progress and said i was ready to push.... so in 10 mins i had gone from 5cm to 10cm.... when Tim got back inside i told him that i was ready to push and for some reason he just refused to believe me... so the nurse had to tell him.... lol.... the nurse went to call the doctor and she made me not push until the doc came.... (about an hour)
Finally she arrived and i asked her if she had stopped off at the University to get her degree on the way and she laughed at me.... she took a quick look and said she was sorry that she took so long and that the baby had already crowned slightly without any pushing....
so with the next contraction i pushed but i just couldnt push in the right spot... so it was a pointless 3 pushes.... with the next contraction i finally got the hang of it and her head was born.... and then one more contraction and she was out... (no tears or nothing ) it was 11.53pm....
she got an 8 and then a 9 on the AGPAR but she had low blood sugar and had to be given formula to bring it up... they had to take her to the nursery to keep an eye on her levels so Tim and i went to get some rest.... at 5am the next morning i went to check on her and the nurse told me she had developed some symptoms of respitory distress... and had to have a chest xray..... the ped came in the next morning and told me that she had slight nmonia (sp?) and had also developed an infection so she would be in the hospital for a few days.... i was devistated....
she came home on the 1st of september and has been excellent since... i cant breastfeed because of her taking to the bottle she wont take to my nipple but im trying to express... although i seem to be loosing my milk.....
here are her stats...

Kayla Ann
born 28th August 2005 @ 11.53pm
36w6d gestation
7lbs 1oz
20 inches long
head circ was 13.5

Reply With Quote
September 8th, 2005, 10:44 PM
mamatiff's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,605
Congrats hun! Sorry she had to stay for a bit! But she is home and safe with family now! Congrats agian you did a wonderful job mama!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0