Jeremy Charles' birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure where to start. On August 28th, I went in for an ultrasound due to some very minor spotting. I was rushed upstairs and underwent an emergency servical cerclage (cervix stiched closed) as I was already 3 cm dilated and effaced. I had no labor pains or anything. I was sent home the next morning on strict bed rest. I could only lay on my side and get up only to go to the bathroom. I started having minor contractions that afternoon since the medicine that I was given to stop them had worn off. I began taking it again on Wednesday, but continued to have some bleeding and mild contractions. On Friday, August 31st, I went to the doctor since the bleeding increased a little bit. The cerclage was still intact and I was sent home. By 8:00 I was in full blown labor with horrible contractions coming about 2-3 min apart, so Dh raced me to the ER. They rushed me up to the L&D floor where they put patients with problems. They rushed me upstairs to the main L&D floor and hooked me up to magnesium sulfate and monitored Jeremy's heart. His heart rate had been going from the 170s to the 70s during my contractions. By Saturday morning the contractions stopped and his heart rate was steady in the 130s. Things were going good and on Sunday my doctor walked in with a smile. Sunday night the magnesium made me very ill and I threw up all night and the contractions had started again, but I didn't realize that was the problem. Nothing registered as contractions. Jeremy's heart was steady as could be and he was moving like crazy. I had not had a BM for a week and they were giving me stuff to try to get me to go, so we thought the pain was due to that. On Monday morning, Sept 3, my doctor came by and I told him I thought I could be having contractions, but wasn't sure if it was that or gas. He told me to ask for an enema if I thought that was the problem, but thought everything was going well. I had the enema, but the pain didn't stop. We thought it was still intense gas build up and that I just needed to go some more. About 10:30, that morning, dh left with his mom to get a shower and help her shop for presents for Samantha. My dad was sitting with me and the pain became unbearable. I felt the worst pressure and thought I was going to have another BM and told him to run and get the nurse and a bed pan, then I felt something and realized that it could be Jeremy. Before my dad even got out of the room, Jeremy was born. I had rolled to my side in the bed, so when he came out, he ended up laying behind me on the bed. The nurse came and I asked her what it was was and she said it was the baby and I became hysterical. My dad and one of the nurses called dh, who was bad in a minutes. Things got crazy because everyone came running and I can't remember much. They wrapped him up and laid him on the pillow next to me and then asked if I wanted him intubated and or not. I told them to do it because dh had not seen his son. They did and finally had him ready to go to NICU and let me see him again. He was only 1lb 1oz. I don't even know how long, but probably no more than 10 inches. I had to go into surgery again to have a D&C to make sure that everything was okay. My cerclage was still intact. Jeremy had come out from behind my cervix and I only needed one stich. As all of you know by now, my little angel fought bravely for 4 days and passed away around 6:00 pm on Friday, Sept 7.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
September 12th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing Chrisa.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
September 12th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I know that must have been hard to type Chrisa. Thank you for sharing it with us.
September 12th, 2007, 05:08 AM
momtobrandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you for sharing it must feel good to have closure
September 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
mommyoffive's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chrisa ((((Hugs))) I know that had to be hard to share. Thank you for doing so.
September 12th, 2007, 11:41 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((HUGS)) Chrisa, i know that was hard for u to share, thank u so much

September 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
chrisa! my heart is breaking for you, that must have been so scary! jeremy is in peace, looking over his mommy

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
September 12th, 2007, 08:25 PM
gemini6774's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That must have been so hard for you to tell. Thanks so much for sharing your story of Jeremy with us.

September 12th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Chrisa my heart breaks for you. You are an amazing person in and out I am so sorry you've had to go through this. I wish I could fly there and hug you.

September 16th, 2007, 12:40 AM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((((HUGS))))) We love you Chrisa!

September 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
October 27th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to momme
December 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM
alb1382's Avatar Veteran
That must've been so hard to write out...Thank you for sharing.
It took me a moment to realize how recent it was that this happened. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers...
It sounds as though he was such a brave little boy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search