Ian's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I'll give you the SHORT version! I was eight days late, so I asked to be induced. I went in on Thursday, November 3rd, at 7:30am. I was given Cytotec and told to relax. LOL! Nate and I waited around all day, watching the monitors that I was hooked up to. After awhile, my back really started hurting, because Ian was posterior (face up), causing me to have back labor. A nurse asked if I wanted to lay down in a tub for a little while, so I did. The tub had jets, which helped my back a little bit.

After I got out, the midwife checked me. I wasn't dilating, so they SENT ME HOME!! I was really hungry, so Nate took me to Pizza Hut. Just as we were leaving Pizza Hut, I had one of the worst contractions of my life. After that was over, we went home.

I tried to sleep, but I was in so much pain, we ended up back at the hospital. The nurse gave me a shot of demerol and a sleeping pill and sent me back home.

I waited all day Friday (with the contrax coming 6 minutes apart) before going back to the hospital. Once I got back, the nurse (who happened to be a high school classmate of my sister's--small world, right?!) checked me, and I was only at 3.

I finally started dilating more when the midwife had me get in the labor tub (I was hoping to have a waterbirth). She broke my water at 6:30am on Saturday. There was a bit of meconium in the water, so I got out of the tub. I was FINALLY given an epidural and Nate and I got to sleep for a couple of hours.

I started pushing at 12:30, but because of the epidural, I couldn't feel how hard I had to push, so they lowered to dosage. Ian was born at 3:00pm Saturday, November 5th. 55.5 hours of labor!!

Nate got to help catch Ian, cut the cord, and gave Ian his first bath at the hospital!

You know, as painful as it was, I would totally do it all over again. I can't even remember the pain now!

September 21st, 2007, 07:50 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Yikes! That's a long labor! But what an outcome!
September 22nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yikes! That's a long labor! But what an outcome! [/b]

I'm so glad everything worked out so beautifully.

September 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Jaydon
WOW what a great story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search