JACOB RUSSELL HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to 4toadore Send a message via MSN to 4toadore Send a message via Yahoo to 4toadore
September 12th, 2005, 0735 I was sitting in my office chair and felt a small amount of warm liquid in my underwear. I was in complete shock as I thought I had just inadvertently wet myself and was quite embarrassed at the prospect that I had lost ALL control of my bodily functions. I informed my husband that I was either leaking fluid or I was peeing my pants and he burst out laughing. JUST what I needed to hear at the moment. LOL I went and changed my underwear and put a pad on thinking if the if I did some squats and moved around a lot I would know for sure if I kept leaking. So I'm walking through the house squatting up and down and twisting and moving in every way that a 5 ton pregnant woman can, analyzing every twinge and sense that may be happening in the nether regions. I decided that I just couldn't tell and would call my OB office at 8:30 and see what their opinion was. The nurse informed that if it was urine is would smell like urine and I responded with horror, "You want me to smell it?" So with utter and complete humiliation and I do lunging squats back to the restroom to determine if the liquid coming from my nether regions is in fact only urine by smelling it. All the time my husband is going to have a coronary from the laughing fit he's having and I am in my head calculating what size hole I'm going to have to dig in the back yard to place him in.

I informed the nurse that it didn't have an odor and she told me to go to labor and delivery to have strip test done to see if it was amniotic fluid.

So before I go I decide I'll freshen up (in case I was just peeing on myself) so I hop in the shower and get ready to go. I told Steven there was no reason to take the circus to the hospital until I knew if he was going to be keeping me. And that I could do without his mocking if it turned out I was simply wetting myself so I would drive myself to the hospital and he could come up if the dr. said he was going to keep me. So he grabs the camera and his checklist LOL and starts snapping pictures of me getting ready to go. I walk out to the car (that btw he had driven earlier that day to Wal-mart) and it's completely on EMPTY!!! My husband is finding this completely hysterical takes a picture of the gas gage. Again thinking of what size hole I will need and what flowers to plant on top of this newly turned up dirt.

Ok fast forward a few hours to 10:45. I was contracting the test came back positive for amniotic fluid and he said I would be staying. I was contracting but they were irregular and inconsistent. Coming from 2 to 10 minutes apart and lasting 30 to 90 seconds to nothing to write home about. I said, "Are you going to start pitocin to regulate them and get this show on the road?" His response, "No it's too late in the day, we only have pediatricians here until 4:30" TRANSLATED for those who don't understand doctorese "HECK NO, I'm not coming in after 5pm to deliver a baby, are you kidding that would interrupt my golf game" So again I'm measuring him with my eyes to see what size hole he would require and I was wondering if roses would grow well over this man.

So I call Steven and tell him I'm staying and he loads up the zoo and comes to the hospital. My mother meets us there and takes the kiddos home. We hang out ALL DAY LONG contracting and walking and contracting and walking. The contractions certainly didn't hurt and were more annoying than anything and they weren't getting any more regular at all. So the nurse comes in about 10 pm and says that she can give me something to help me sleep and we'd start pit. about 5 am. I say, "let's do it" and sent Steven home to the kids and said be here at 5. The nurse injects me with morphine, WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Boy was that like heaven and then phenegran to help stop contractions and get some sleep. The phenegran is causing some weird reaction in my arm and she informs me this will go away in a bit. I'm flying so high on the morphine that she could have cut my arm off and it probably wouldn't have mattered. LOL LOL

September 13th, 2005 0430 Nurse comes into my room and wakes me up to say if I wanted a shower before pitocin is started that I should get up now. I spring out of bed like 7 year old child on Christmas morning at the excitement that this is going to be the day I meet my new little bundle of joy!!!! So the nurse looks at my arm where the IV was and I had some reaction to the phenegran and it caused my vein to rupture and all the fluid was simply pooling in my arm. Yes I know quite disgusting and very very very painful. She pulls my IV and says after my shower she will place another one. Ok so I'm back in bed and the nurse is attempting to place my IV to start the pitocin and I've now become a human pin cushion as she is on THIRD attempt at placing this IV. (this was after the 2 attempts the day prior, so I look like I'm a total drug addict with puncture wounds all up my arms) FINALLY, the woman gets the thing in my arm and we're good to go. I call my husband 0530, kind of curious as to why he hasn't show his wonderful face yet this morning. I get this groggy, coughing, half asleep voice on the phone "Hello" I said, "Are you planning on joining me this morning?" his response "oh yeah, um I'll be there in a minute I've to take a shower, I'm still in bed" (keep in mind the 35-40 minute drive to the hospital from our house) Petunias those are pretty right? They would look good in my flower garden. Maybe some carnations too. he he he

So at 8:30 he comes wondering in the door like a lost puppy, after I've been on pitocin for 3 hours and am ready to strangle him for leaving me alone for so long and he asks "have they given you your epidural yet" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR But I gotta love him right.

Dr. comes in and says ok we're going to break the rest of your water and get your epidural in place. I'm saying ok he's redeemed himself he can just come over and smell the roses I plant on my husband's grave.

Now here comes the horrible part. The doctors lays me on my side and curls my legs up as I press my chin to my chest. He attempts not once, not twice but 13 TIMES to place the epidural ok back in the garden he goes, but he doesn't get roses he's down to potatoes. Would potatoes grow over this dead man? I am crying and there is terrible pain shooting down into my hips and through my back. My husband is looking at the man across the bed like he's about to pull out his gun and bust a cap in his rear. But continues to hold my hand, tell me he loves me and wipes the tears from eyes. He finally moves my legs a little higher and removes a pillow that is supposed to be supporting me and finds vertebrae that are not smashed together from my scoliosis and successfully places the epidural. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET RELIEF!!!!!!! No more contractions, no more pain in my back. HEAVEN!!!!!

CAUTION GRAPHIC PICTURE TO FOLLOW: (this was my back Tuesday night. Wednesday it had a bruise around it too)

FAST FORWARD - The day was uneventful I rested and all was well. 2:00 pm Steven walked in from going outside and said, "What about Jacob Russell for a boys name" I said, "I love it" So we FINALLY had picked a boys name. At 2:00 pm the nurse came to check me and I was at 6cm I was sooooo sad I was hoping I was further along. She said if she could get baby to move down it would go really fast. So I decide to do what I had done with Mallory and swing my stumps (legs) off the edge of the bed and Steven is going to hold me up vertically to help baby slide down into place. I only have a tiny bit of feeling in my right leg so once he gets me vertical I lock my knees and he holds me up. I'm sure it was quite a comical sight as my left leg became unlocked and down I started toward the floor in a slow motion movement. What an odd feeling to not have any control over whether I stood or fell. It was very scary. But my husband successfully caught me and set me back on the edge of the bed until I felt like I could stand again.

2:15 pm: Feeling TONS of pressure and starting to feel contractions full force again. I was telling my husband "um wow this is strong, this is strong"

2:30 pm: Nurse comes in to check me 8-9cm dilated. ME: WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO and I told Steven "Stand me up again"

2:45 pm: Epidural has completely worn off and contractions are definitely coming full force. I'm standing again and feel like I definitely have to push. He He He Hoooooooooo, He He He Hooooooooooooo. I tell Steven to get the nurse because it's time.

2:50 Nurse comes in and tells me to push with the next contraction. Nurse: "PUSH , one, two, three, four, STOP, STOP, STOP, get the dr. get the dr." Me: "I can't stop pushing". The doctor comes in from the hallway and says "ok push again when you can". The next contraction hits HARD. I start to push and the nurses count "ONE, TWO, THREE, It's A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" YAY!!! He's HERE!!!! After 9 long, hard, tiring months. My beautiful little boy, JACOB RUSSELL, has arrived. There was such joy and elation in my heart at that moment I don't think anything in the world could have brought me down off the cloud I was on. Welcome to our family Baby Jacob. We love you very very much!!!!

He was 6 pounds 15 ounces and 19.5 inches long.

Mommy and Jacob the morning after:

Isaac and Mallory LOVED him. Andrew is VERY cautious and was scared of the whole hospital thing and wasn't comfortable with the "new, different" thing so we got very few pictures of him.

Here is the link to the rest of his pics I tried to post them in here with the story but it yelled at me for having too many pictures:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b40/babyjacob05/
<div align="center"></div>
September 18th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea!!! Congratuations!!!! Your pics are awesome, beautiful family!!!
September 18th, 2005, 12:26 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol what a great story teller you are, i enjoyed reading yuor story very much, congrats on the healthy baby boy, you look soo good for just having that baby in those pics lol good luck

stephanie

September 18th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh MY! You look terrific for just giving birth!

What an adorable baby, and I love his name!

CONGRATS!

eeee! Another october baby born!

PS - I have to agree with Stephie, you wrote the birth story like it was a book! LOL, very enjoyable!

September 18th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
13 tries for an epidural Wow you are brave Glad everything is OK. Congratulations
September 18th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATULATIONS
September 18th, 2005, 12:39 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
LOL!!! Congratulations!! Happy Birthday, Jacob! Both of you look absolutely beautiful. What a handsome new son. Georgeous family. YAY!

September 18th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol! What a great birth story! Congratulations!!!!
September 18th, 2005, 12:56 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! And I loved your birth story! It was great!

BTW Jacob is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!

September 18th, 2005, 01:26 PM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to writinghoosier Send a message via Yahoo to writinghoosier
Congrats! And welcome to the October Mommies posing as September mommies club! Both you and he look amazing! Welcome to the world, Jacob!

I loved your birth story... 13 sticks... I would have been planting stink weed on his grave! Glad you didn't actually kill your DH... that would have been hard to explain to the kids!

Great job, Mom!

Thanks for the link, ~Cupcake~!
September 18th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
AWESOME story teller!! I'm laughing still.... potatoes... lmao!!! CONGRATS!!! What a trooper you are... 13 tries! dang...

WELCOME JACOB!!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

September 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Aw, congrats!!! Beautiful story-telling, beautiful baby, and it sounds like it was a beautiful birth!!!!

CONGRATS!!!
September 18th, 2005, 01:48 PM
AlaynasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AlaynasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AlaynasMommy
Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!!

September 18th, 2005, 01:56 PM
AlaynasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AlaynasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AlaynasMommy
Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!!

September 18th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
congratulations, mama! He's gorgous and you look likea million bucks the day after having a baby. WOW!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

September 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SarahEB21
Congratulations! He is so gorgeous!

September 18th, 2005, 02:12 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So Sweet! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

September 18th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby boy. He is so adorable!!! And you look absolutely terrific for just haven given birth!

Thanks for sharing your birth story I enjoyed it.
September 18th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in from September DDC!

I loved reading your birth story, It made me LMAO! Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
September 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search