My Birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
I had noticed for awhile that something was leaking onto my underwear when I moved a certain way...or just when I was sleeping. I shrugged this off as urine leaking from my bladder for about a week or so. I felt great otherwise...

On Thursday 9/15 I left work early because I was feeling very uncomfortable with my back. Something was going on...but I wasn't sure what it was. I called my husband to come home and take me to the hospital because the back pain was waving in and out and was very uncomfortable. I get to triage and they do an ultrasound and a stress test, everything looks good. The resident doc comes in and does a pelvic exam and realizes I was leaking, and that she might have made it worse. So they do the swab test and its positive...then the slide test and its also postive for amniotic fluid. I start to shake and cry. I was so upset. I was worried that it was from something I had done...or ate. The nurses and doctor reassured me it was nothing I had done. So I am admitted to the L&D for observation. They put me on antibiotics because of how long the possible water bag rupture was. At this point the back pain subsided and I felt normal.

That evening I was just waiting in my own little room...sad and lonely, still wondering what I had done or why I did not notice this sooner. My husband is with me most of the time...he would go home to feed the dogs etc. In the evening my back pain comes back really badly. The nurse gives me an injection of a narcotic into my IV for the pain. It puts me right to sleep and back pain subsides.

On that Friday I start noticing irregular contractions coming in and out...by 9pm I was starting to feel the back pain again and this time it wasn't going anywhere. A resident doctor checks my cervix and I am 4-5 cm dialated and 90 effaced, and -1 station. So I call my mom at home and tell her this was it...I was in labor. My stepdad and her come to the hospital to be near me.

The pain is getting worse so they order me an epidural (on my request of course). The rudest anestheologist comes in and begins asking me questions and being rough with my gown when pulling it down etc. I was shaking bad from either labor or being scared to death. The pressure of the needle going in startled me but it didn't last long. After he is done...he says "you are welcome". I thought that was pretty rude but I shrugged it off because he was having his pagers going off like crazy...it was a fast/tense situation. The epidural works right away...I feel great except for being so incredibly ichy all over from it.

By the time midnight rolls around I am ready to push and I kick my parents out of the room. I push for about 45 mins and Nathan Isaac is born at exactly 1 am. I have to say it was a wonderful experience over all. I did not find it difficult...I would have done it again and again just to have his little body lying on my tummy again. I was crying so hard when he came out...I was so happy to see him. My husband was crying also...it was wonderful. He was 4 pounds 7 oz and 18.5 inches long. He had very little head hair also and I made him a cone head I have never loved someone so much as this boy...

September 24th, 2005, 12:38 PM
ActiveDutyMami's Avatar Veteran
congratulations!!

September 26th, 2005, 06:21 AM
mom2Silas&Aidan's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!
September 26th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! Please get online sometime and let us know how motherhood is treating you. I've been thinking about you.
September 26th, 2005, 09:24 AM
LalaMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Congrats! How amazing. I hope you update us, and post pics of your little boy

My Webpage
September 26th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Our first "November" baby is here. Keep us posted on how both of you are doing.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
September 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Veteran
Hi folks, it's Pam's husband Will again, this time I got my own log-in and I'm posting from work.

I just wanted to add some links to my posts as well as to our online photo album.

Here's where I posted about that we took her to the hospital:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...howtopic=94586

Here's where I posted that Nathan was born:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...howtopic=95106

And here's where I posted our photo album:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...howtopic=95297

Here's our photo album, I update it every time I add more. It was once a day, but now we don't take the camera every time we visit:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/klopfew@sbcg...h9M3oDBESlj4O3D

And here's where Pam posted when she first got home:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...howtopic=95808
September 27th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to playwithlights Send a message via Yahoo to playwithlights
congrats again!!!

</div>
September 27th, 2005, 11:08 AM
sunshinealyssamichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sunshinealyssamichelle
Wow!!! He's so absolutely adorable!!!! Congratulations and Happy Belated Birthday, Nathan!

Alyssa, Mom to:
Ethan, November 6, 2005
Lexi, August 20, 2007

September 27th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Pam! You have a beautiful baby boy!!
September 27th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats and welcome sweet baby

September 27th, 2005, 06:29 PM
*Jen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!

What a beautiful little boy.

Jen

September 28th, 2005, 09:06 AM
~*Melanie*~
Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!
October 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
comgratulations.
October 3rd, 2005, 10:11 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again! Let us know how you and Nathan are doing!

October 4th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Veteran
Hi there. Pam's doing pretty well, she visits usually twice a day and during the week I visit in the evening.

He's still in the NICU, it's just this past Saturday that he got back over his birth weight. He weighed 2090 grams last night which was a gain of 25 grams. (He's at 4 lbs 9 ounces) He is getting a head ultrasound today, he's still a little coneheaded, he still needs his circumcision and vaccination before he comes home, but we're hoping he can come home this week.

It's sad though to have to come home every day without him. I think I'm visitting these forums more than Pam is, she seems to get sad because it reminds her that she misses Nathan or something.
October 4th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Super Mommy
I hope you get to bring him home soon!!! It must be sooo hard to leave him behind! At least you know he's doing well, and it sounds like he will be home in no time!

Thanks for the update, and I hope all goes well

October 10th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Pam and Daddy!! He is so handsome

October 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
Thanks for all the great updates, we really appreciated it, proud daddy!

Glad everyone is now doing well!

-Kristin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search