Emily Marie's Story - Finally Updated!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2005, 05:12 AM
janetc's Avatar Super Mommy
After only 7hrs of easy labor (I fully recommend the epidural!), Emily Marie was born at 8:40AM on Friday, Sept. 23rd. She weighed 7lbs 7.7oz (lucky 7's!!), was 18.25'' long, and fully mature and alert at 28.5wks.

Daniel and I couldn't be more proud of our daughter, and I can't describe the joy that she brings us.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/janetc/emily.jpg
September 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Oh Wow! Congratulations! She is SO adorable! I LOOOOVE that little outfit. Too precious. Looks like 7 is going to be her lucky number! lol Way to go, mama!

September 26th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just beautiful! Congratulations!!
September 26th, 2005, 08:36 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww shes so cute good luck

stephanie

September 26th, 2005, 09:08 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! What a cutie =)
September 26th, 2005, 09:34 AM
AlaynasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AlaynasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AlaynasMommy
Beautiful!!

September 26th, 2005, 09:56 AM
little_hunnyb's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to little_hunnyb Send a message via MSN to little_hunnyb Send a message via Yahoo to little_hunnyb
Congrats!!! Looks like the Epi is the way to go...
Mom to Sirus 3 years old
Soon to be mom ???
I am hoping for a girl!
6 weeks & 3 days pregnant
September 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SarahEB21
Congratulations..gorgeous!

September 26th, 2005, 11:36 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Congrats! She is beautiful!

September 26th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, I'd take the epidural if you can. I've had worse pain playing sports than during labor and delivery.... and it wore off fast after delivery.

Emily was latching on and nursing within 20min of birth, and she's had no problems with breastfeading. I'll post more of her story later.

The dress in the picture was all handmade by my mom, and it is what I wore home from the hospital when I was born. I can't believe it's still in such good shape!
September 26th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's so cute! Congrats.

September 27th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Brandy81
Her outfit is too cute!!!! Congratulations!
September 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Congratulations!!!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 29th, 2005, 09:14 AM
OK, I'm finally feeling rested and ready to look at a computer screen again.
Play-by-play birth story:

Thursday, Sept. 22.

7PM -- Lost more of my mucus plug
9PM -- I stood up after using the restroom and felt a "leak." I was pretty sure it wasn't urine, and then I looked and saw that it was pink.
9:30PM -- Still dripping very slowly, but no gushes. Called my doctor's answering service to have the doctor call back.

10:45PM -- Still no word from the doctor. Daniel and I decide to just go on to the hospital to get tested for amnio fluid.
11:00PM -- Check into the hospital. Only the docs at my hospital are allowed to do the fern test for fluid... so, my nurse finally reaches the doctor on call. She decided not to come in until we saw a "gush" or more evidence of my water breaking. The nurse took more background medical history and had my husband sign a bunch of forms.

Friday, Sept. 23
12:00 -- Still no "gush." Not much drip... The nurse had us walk around the hospital for an hour hoping for the gush. I kinda enjoyed the walk, and I was glad I ate a good dinner and snack before going to the hospital.

1:00AM -- We give up walking (I'm just sleepy tired at this point and want to go to bed.) Then, in the room, I "gush" through a pad and more.

1:30AM -- She hooks me up to monitors. I'm experiencing small painless contractions, but very comfortable in the huge bed. The nurse checks me and I'm still only "finger-tip" dialated. Then, the baby was experiencing HR decelerations.

2:00AM -- The nurse calles the doctor, and the doctor orders Pictocin to induce labor.

2:30AM -- Daniel and I sleep through the first stages of labor.

4:00AM -- I'm awake and in a decent amount of pain. Daniel massages my back, but the pain really started to set in. Things start getting foggy around this point in time... but I quickly progressed to about 3-4cm. During one of the worst contractions, the nurses offer me medicine for the pain.

5:15AM -- Since I couldn't get up for all of the monitors and I assumed this pain would last for hours, I agree to a small dose of Stadol through the IV. It quickly sent me to a HAPPY place, and I made a silly phone call to my friend asking her to feed and take my dog outside. I could feel the contractions, but I just didn't care, and I was very relaxed.

Time from here is a blur. They checked me, and said that the Stadol would be wearing off soon - but, that if I didn't get the epidural immediately, I'd miss my window. I was so happy (I was actually joking around with Daniel and the nurses), I couldn't decide. Daniel relized I wasn't in the right mindframe to make that decision, and he and the nurses gently convinced me to go with my original plan for the epidural.

Boy was I glad! By the time the doctor came in to give me the epidural (7:30, I believe - It was after the new nurse came in at 7), I was back in a great deal of pain from the quick labor progression.

8:00 - Back in a happy place, apparently experiencing intense contractions. The nurse checks me, and I'm complete! I feel pressure, but no pain. The silliness from the low-dose narcotics was gone, and I'm alert and excited about having the baby. The nurses asked me to do a "practice" push, and apparently I didn't need practice and immediately crowned.

Emily's HR decelerated, and they ran for the doctor. She came in without shoe covers or anything, and told me we had to get her out immediately and to push like I mean it. I pushed, and ruined the doctors nice shoes. Oops.

Emily's head came out with a cord around it. They got it off, but they still needed her out immediately. Unfortunately, she inherited our "swimmer" shoulders, and they got stuck along with her arm. The doctor performed an emergency episiotomy, and I still ended up with tears (3rd degree) and hemroids. Oh, well. Not bad for a first time labor.

8:40 AM Emily's APGAR scores were 9 and 9, and she was alert, pink, happy, and healthy.

Yesterday, (five days old) she went to the pediatrician, and she's already back to her birthweight. Breastfeeding is going great!
September 29th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Mommy2B&R's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how awesome! sooo happy for you!

September 29th, 2005, 03:42 PM
ShaysMother's Avatar Veteran
She is so perfect! Congradulations!

Our little man was born on the 23rd also....early at 5:59

Wife to Ernie ~ age 23
Mother to Shayla ~ age 3
And Cole ~ 8 months
October 7th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Right after she was born:

Her grandpas trying to figure out the "defective" diapers... they're velcro, so no, there is no sticky tab!!

Emily's great-great-grandfather wore this handmade gown when he was Christened in the Methodist Church 111 years ago. It's a family tradition to have all new babies in the family to wear the gown.
October 13th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Janet, she's just beautiful! That gown is gorgeous as well! Congratulations!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search