Chloe Elizabeth's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2005, 03:01 PM
gemini6774's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Tuesday Aug 30th my water broke at about 1am. I still hadn't packed my bag as I had only been off work for 3 days and wasn't due for another week. So I half hazzardly packed my bag. We got to the hospital around 2:30am. The nurses checked the baby's heart rate, and mine, took blood. I was 1 cm dilated at this point. I wasn't having any contractions at this point so I was sent home with strict instructions to keep taking my temperature and keep a kick count record. They made an appointment for me to come back to the hospital at 3:30pm that same day.

I went back for my appointment without much progress. Still no contractions. So they sent me home again with an appointment for 7am the next day (Aug.31st). The nurses told me that if I still wasn't making any progress by then that I would be at the top of the list to be induced that day.

I started getting contractions around 10pm. They weren't that strong and were about 10 min apart. Eventually throughout the night the contractions got stronger and stronger, but still only 10 min apart. I was having a lot of pain in my lower back with the contractions. My DH suggested I have a shower to relieve the pain. I didn't want to go by myself (in case I fell or something). So he came in the washroom with me. He saw that when I got undressed there was quite a bit of blood on my pad, and freaked out. I had been bleeding for a while but assumed it was bloody show. He was so freaked out and called the hospital. I totally didn't want to call the hospital or go before my 7am appointment because I didn't want to get sent home again.

We ended up going to the hospital. The nurses checked my and I was still only 1 cm dilated. The contractions were aweful (with the back pain). I realized I was having back labour. It was horrible. The nurses had me walk the halls for 1/2 hour to see if that would help me to progress. It didn't so they had me walk for another 1/2 hour. I felt by the end of this time the contractions became more focused in the front. The nurse told me at this point that they would move me to a birthing room and get me a shot of demerol. This was at 5:30am.

We hadn't brought in our stuff from the car because I didn't know if they would send me home or not. We decided to get in the room and then DH would go and get our stuff and my mom. The nurse checked me when we got in the room and I was 5-6 cm. She ordered my epidural and started preparing the room. I had just told my hubby to go get our stuff when I got another wicked contraction (I made him stay cause i was in so much pain). I felt all this pressure to push. The nurse was like "are you sure, cause I just checked you" I told her there seemed to be a lot of pressure. It felt like the baby was coming right then and there. She checked me again and I was 8 cm (too late for my epidural). She started to call for a doctor (who was in doing a c-section on someone else). They had to wake up the resident on call. Everything happened so quickly I can't even remember. I started pushing and about 10-20min later Chloe made her arrival.

Chloe arrived at 6:38am on August 31, 2005.
She weighed in at 6lbs 7oz.

She is the most precious, beautiful thing I have ever seen. I can't even believe that she came out of me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search